3 months ago
Our client owns a 4* hotel set in a magnificent Tudor building in the heart of Suffolk. Steeped in history and set amongst 34 acres of private Suffolk countryside, the hotel boasts luxurious accommodation, a 2 AA rosette restaurant, leisure and spa facilities. The new owners specialise in creating new property and business projects, as well as rescuing existing ones. They, together with the Head Chef, are now recruiting a Sous Chef with a real flair and passion for cooking with the great local produce.
Purpose of the role
To assist the Head Chef with cooking, preparation and storage of all food items for the Hotel. The ability to be manage your own section of the kitchen is essential and they would expect you to demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service which consistently exceed the expectations of our customers.
• Lead the kitchen team in the head chef’s absence
• Provide guidance to junior kitchen team members
• To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement
• To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results
• To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
• To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
• Coordinate with restaurant management team and the event team
• To report any maintenance issues to the head chef immediately
• To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies to maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
The ideal candidate will possess
Formal culinary training, restaurant industry knowledge, previous restaurant experience, extensive food and beverage knowledge, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Our clients culture and values welcome people with exceptionally high standards.
Experience for this role is essential.
They appreciate the commitment necessary and they do offer rota options such as a 4-day week, assistance with their own accommodation, or with re-location. They also offer reasonably priced live in accommodation on site, and they can help with the move.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in a multi-dimensional environment. They look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share their passion for providing Suffolk’s leading luxury experience.
If you are an exceptional person who wants to be part of their journey, please apply.
about 1 month ago
only 12 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
16 days ago
only 13 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close