5 months ago
Senior Manager, Regulatory Advisory – London
Job Title: Senior Manager, Regulatory Advisory – London
Date Closes: 05/01/2018
Ref Number: A20121
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Manager within the Regulatory Advisory team at Santander UK where you will perform a range of activities to enhance capital usage and efficiency.
Reporting to the Head of Capital Management and Advisory, the role is focused on providing support and advice to a range of teams on Regulatory Capital-related matters including the Santander UK Senior Management Team and Financial Management, Front Office, Risk and Public Policy teams. A key element of the role is the interpretation and application of current and proposed capital rules, and the determination of capital treatments for complex and structured transactions.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Establishing the capital treatment under EU and UK regulatory rules (CRD IV and associated EBA RTS and PRA Supervisory Statements) of potential transactions and transactions in development
* Supporting the development of capital and leverage efficient structured transactions and strategies, in particular using credit risk mitigation techniques including securitisation
* Developing workable internal policies and practices to ensure effective governance processes are operated for capital management and capital treatment of transactions
* Analysing capital-related regulatory proposals to identify key elements and issues and working with Santander Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs teams and Trade Associations to develop responses to consultations
* Presenting regulatory capital data in a way that informs management and the business whilst assisting in supporting strategic decision-making
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven knowledge and a clear understanding of CRD IV rules and associated EBA technical standards along with a clear understanding of PRA supervisory statements for Credit Risk and / or Market Risk coupled with proven experience in application of rules to structured transactions
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal along with the ability to influence key stakeholders at senior level
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* Proven knowledge of International and EU capital regulation development pipeline
* Degree level or equivalent experience
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Our Leadership Programme won the global Learning and Performance Institute Award for Best People Development Programme 2016. We will continue to run exciting programmes in to 2017 and beyond!