An exciting opportunity with a market leading Smart Control Metering Services based in the East Midlands
My client is the market leader ins the manufacture of smart and traditional metering services; networks metering; and commercial & industrial usage management. They have been delivering these services for over 20 years and are now starting an exiting new phase of development; participating in the governments national smart meter implementation program effecting every household and business in the UK.
This role is in the Commercial and Industrial metering business segment where we help customers to understand their energy usage, save money and bee billed accurately by the Energy Supplier. The key purpose is to lead a small team of Account Managers in the delivery of service based contracts to around 120 business customers in the best long term interests of both Siemens and the customer, whilst leading by example in the personal management of a small number of accounts.
You will have responsibility for management of the entire account process from acquiring new work to getting paid, working closely with Operations to ensue customer satisfaction; resulting in generation of new opportunities, maximisation of in-contract revenue and successful contract renewals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS:
- Direct management of the Account team including target setting and monitoring, performance reviews and day to day support, coaching and direction.
- Embed a consistent and professional approach to Account Management across the team, including production and delivery of account plans differentiated to the characteristics of the customer types
- Timely and accurate completion of all internal reporting, approval and governance documentation including monthly reports and opportunity / revenue forecasts
- Input into the annual budgeting process and delivery of the outcomes.
- Personal responsibility for the management of a small number of key accounts including commercial aspects, growth, renewal and delivery satisfaction
- Relevant qualification in Energy Efficiency / Utility Services / Building Technologies
- Skilled in Microsoft packages particularly excel for performance reporting
- The ability to communicate, influence and present effectively at all levels within Siemens and customers
- Strong team leadership to ensure common understanding and achievement of agreed objectives
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Effective and proven commercial negotiation skill
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Experience of utility services (especially Metering) to corporate customers (desirable)
- 5 years experience in Account Management with a demonstrable level of success developing enduring profitable relationships with clients
- Application of Account Management processes to a range different customer types
- Demonstrable approach to Effective Team leadership
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS:
- This role will require frequent travel to meet customers
£45,000 - 50,000 plus bonus and package