6 months ago
Region Covered: Scotland
Reports to: Regional Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To produce and lead the production of priced tenders and estimates that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines through cooperation with the delivery teams. To establish and lead the development of relationships with prospective customers and professionals to promote further tender invitations whilst providing clear commercial reports and price build ups to contract teams to support successful delivery.
The desired outcome being that idverde will achieve sufficient new work to enable the continued growth in accordance with our annual budgets and long term Business Plan.
The role will develop with additional responsibilities added as the UK business consolidates and the regional business grows.
• To lead and manage the Estimating process to ensure work is undertaken to qualitative performance standards and in a timely manner, to ensure consistently accurate estimates are prepared and submitted to meet or exceed our business goals
• To lead, improve and develop across idverde’s UK business the estimating process through the introduction of, and mentoring in the use of Conquest across all construction project bids
• To plan and organize your work and the work of others to ensure at all times that it meets timely and qualitative objectives
• To review prospective opportunities to strengthen our bid and take advantage of any competitive edge
• To ownership for the timely processing of subcontractor enquiries and their bid evaluation through your administrative support and liaising with supply chain partners where necessary
• Ensure that the tender risks in relation to all contracts are correctly identified and accounted for in our bids and proposals, initiating our project risk register to be continued by the contract teams thereafter
• To review lost bids to establish why, how and where improvements can be made in future tender submissions
• To lead and organise tender finalisation meetings with your senior management colleagues prior to final tender submission
• Lead and continually improve our internal handover process, ensuring it is followed and that pricing levels support our business goals
Work Efficiently, Leading:
• The introduction and development of the use of Conquest for construction estimators across idverde’s UK business
• The development of a consistent estimating process for construction across idverde’s UK and regional businesses
• Whilst understanding and operating within the company’s financial procedures.
Health and Safety Compliance:
• To understand the law relation to Health and Safety and understand and implement the Company’s Health and Safety policy.
• To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
• To ensure that all members of staff behave in a professional manner; wear the correct corporate clothing, keep vehicles and machinery clean and well maintained and that sites are kept clean and tidy at all times.
Communication, Coaching & Mentoring:
• Colleagues across idverde’s UK business in the effective use of Conquest
• Liaising with other departments to ensure that support is effectively provided to meet the needs of both the regional and UK business.
• To build effective relationships throughout the wider UK business.
• To work with external suppliers to ensure best value can be achieved in our bid preparation and follow on delivery
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Support and lead the generation of new work opportunities to meet our regional business demands
• Support the delivery of gross sale and overall EBITDA budgets across all work streams in the area.
• Achieve the planned milestones for the introduction and use of Conquest to estimate construction projects across the UK business.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to convey key messages to a range of audiences
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• IT literate and ability to use various software packages.
• Strong industry experience with excellent mathematical grounding and analytical mind-set.
• A good understanding of risk management and commercial awareness
• Full driving licence required
• This role requires a driven candidate with an enquiring mind and a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Confident communicator
• You will have the ability to work efficiently, structured and organized.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Articulate and persuasive when talking to others to convey information effectively
• High level of enthusiasm
• Strong relationship building skills
• An ability to plan ahead and manage time
• Ability to manage when faced with numerous time sensitive deadlines
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 19 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close