“£multi-million global manufacturer looking for a Sales Manager UK for the Commercial Vehicle Aftermarket sector”
SALARY: Basic up to £55,000
OTE; Bonus/OTE to £63,000
BENEFITS: Car + Excellent Benefits Package
LOCATION: Area - UK - Home-based
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: It is a home based role and can be based anywhere.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Sales Manager – UK Aftermarket
“£multi-million global manufacturer looking for a Sales Manager UK to develop sales into the Commercial Vehicle Aftermarket sector via Distributors / Wholesalers of Automotive, (Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle, Truck & Bus, On & Off Highway), products”
As part of a European sales team, the Sales Manager UK Aftermarket will report to the VP Aftermarket Europe. Managing a multimillion £ turnover you will have one direct report and be responsible for your own aftermarket key account distributors and wholesalers throughout the UK and Ireland. This is a home based role and location is flexible -probably based in the Midlands or North. Duties include:
- Responsibility for growing and developing the UK Aftermarket (turnover c£9 Million) via your own key accounts and managing a Sales Manager.
- Working closely with external sales staff of distributors, workshops and mechanics as well as internally with the Aftermarket and OEM Departments across Europe.
- Creating monthly market report and implementing the goals of the company and sharing information with your European colleagues.
- Analyzing competitors’ activities, identifying potential developments and changes in the market
- Performing customer training, briefings, technical and commercial advice from dealers and workshops
- Presenting the company at trade fairs and events
- Supporting the marketing team in optimizing product offering and marketing communications for the local market.
REQUIREMENTS: Sales Manager – UK Aftermarket
We would be delighted to receive applications from any candidate who has a proven track record of:
- Selling directly to the aftermarket sectors within heavy duty commercial Vehicles (truck & Bus, commercial vehicle, on & off highway), which could be consumables, components or contracted services.
- Providing innovative sales solutions to business challenges through “value” based differentiation
- A Team player who can work with and through people and one that can challenge the “status quo” to see if there is a smarter way to do things.
- Highly motivated, Hungry, self-starter driven by results in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment
- Excellent business and contractual negotiation skills that enable business growth through securing opportunities and provide profitable / optimal solutions with major direct customers and internal teams
- Quality Decision-Maker – has strategic agility, analytical skills, and is, above all, a problem-solver
- This is a home based role but involves travel throughout the UK so must be self-motivated and used to work autonomously.
PROSPECTS: Sales Manager – UK Aftermarket
There is huge potential for career development within the company and group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
This role is seen as a development role for the future, potentially leading to more senior positions (Sales or General Management).
Part of £multi-million global group, we are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high performance products used within the Automotive, Heavy Duty (Commercial Vehicle, Truck & Bus, On & Off Highway) markets. We have manufacturing and R&D plants all over the world and are seen as the innovators in our field.
It is highly likely (but not exhaustive) that you will have worked in any of the following roles and sold the following or associated products/services:
- Key Account Manager. National Account Manager. Sales Manager. Business Development Manager. Area Sales Manager. Sales Executive.
- Automotive heavy duty commercial vehicles, Components or Consumables. Spare Parts (OES). Oils. Lubricants. Fluids. Speciality Chemicals. Additives. Filters. Seals. Pumps. Gaskets. Brakes, Tyres, Hydraulics. Injection Systems or Engines.
Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Sales Manager – UK Aftermarket