Job Title: Sales Manager
Location: Holborn, London
Salary: £30k - £35k per annum
Role Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 6th January 2016
Having experienced massive success, including their recent Queen's Award for Enterprise (2013), the association is aiming to become one of the world's most respected providers of business education. With a growing presence on a global scale, coupled with continued plans for expansion, this is an excellent time to join our truly dynamic and innovative business.
The purpose of the role is to manage and team of customer service representatives and covert leads into attendees for applicants wanting to further their education. Management acts as a main focus and day-to-day office management centres on leading and facilitating progression of the 'Sales Team', their work practices, policies, procedures and outcomes. Being positive, outgoing and demonstrating a confident but appropriate disposition, you are pro-active and can work alongside other departmental managers to achieve efficient and effective sales development and progression. Demonstrating excellent communication skills (in all mediums) and possessing abilities to interpret, understand and summarise customer feedback, you will drive continual improvements into the sales operating/management information systems. Importantly, and being able to use your own initiative, your proven telesales experience, will encourage excellent sales 'practice' throughout the sales team.
What we're looking for:
The school's students are the heart of their business so they're looking for people who are truly passionate about education, who will provide outstanding levels of customer service and team management at all times!
What's in it for you?
- Become part of a growing and truly innovative business
- Fast paced, dynamic and exciting team culture
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To continually increase conversions profit by developing new sales leads through improved sales activity, methods and performance.
- To manage short, medium and long term, day-to-day sales activity inclusive of managing and development of sales personnel.
- Educate sales team personnel by establishing programs in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products, multi-product sales and profitability.
- Interpret short and long term effects of sales strategies in operating profit.
- Assist sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with decision makers.
- Be responsible for market development and building customer relationships.
- Issue/input accurate sales orders ensuring target deliveries are attained.
- Understand and appreciate the complexity in Vocational Education.
- Liaise with the Head of Strategic Operations & Growth and Managing Director to ensure delivery priorities are maintained and revised against changing customer needs.
- Monitor sales procedures and ensure records are comprehensively administered - use, develop and continual improve reporting mechanisms.
- Pro-actively communicate sales enquiry opportunities for standard and non-standard product sales to Senior Management to follow up.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure the delivery of quality customer service at all times.
- Provide cover as appropriate within the Sales team.
- Ensure all customers and potential customers are treated with professionalism, courtesy and respect at all times, in response to any enquiry or service they may be requesting.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure improvements to, and efficiency of sales order process.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of GUS and its portfolio of programmes.
- Previous sales order processing experience are essential.
- Previous management and team building experience is required.
- Ability to use, develop and manage day to day reporting is required.
- Ability to handle telephone calls preferably within a service organisation or help desk role where departmental results are achieved by teamwork.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Engineering/technical experience.
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team. Customer service training is ideal; able to deal with difficult customers professionally
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Tenacity and resilience
- Initiative and proactivity
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solver
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Construction Sales Manager, Sales, Infrastructure Sales Manager, Waste Management Sales, National Business Development Manager, Business Development Leader, Senior Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Internal Sales Manager, Business Development Leader, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, Sales Agent, Field Sales, Construction Sales, Senior Sales, Commercial Sales, Key Sales, Regional Sales, Sales Professional, Senior Account Manager may also be considered for this role.