Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As a Car Sales Manager you will manage all vehicle sales processes within the showroom to achieve used vehicle, finance sales volumes and profit objectives through motivating and developing the sales team and ensuring that each customer receives the highest level of customer service.
· Managing the preparation process from arrival on site to display on the forecourt in a timely and effective manner
· Ensuring the used car stock is correctly priced and advertised at all times meeting all Lookers, Audi and legal obligations
· Ensuring the forecourt is clean, tidy and vehicles are displayed to the Audi standards
· Accurately forecasting departmental performance on a weekly basis.
· Ensuring financial budgets are met and Audi contracts exceeded on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
· Ensuring all non-retail part exchange vehicles are disposed of via the group auction policy
· Liaising with the Used Car Group Buyers regarding what stock is required on a weekly basis
· Carrying out monthly appraisals for Sales Department staff as per the Lookers policy
· Dealing with customer complaints in an empathetic and speedily manner
· Ensuring the Used Car Department adheres to the Lookers Policy and Audi HSO standards
· Liaising with and supporting the Group Marketing department
· Responsibility for customer enquiry management.
· Prospect diary reviews and coaching with the Sales Executives
· Meeting all prospects during the Sales process especially during negotiation
You will be an experienced car sales manager coming from the automotive industry who will possess an energy and genuine regard for the importance of the customer to the sustainability of the business and the Brand. You will have Strong people management skills in order to draw the best performance from the team and to interact in a manner that builds relationships and team spirit. A trustworthy ambassador, you will be knowledgeable of the Audi brand and behave in a manner that honours the values and supports the strategy of the brand. You will demonstrate the ability to ensure procedures and attitudes are in place throughout their area of responsibility to deliver excellent levels of service. You will have experience of effectively analysing and interpreting all types of commercial data, in order to accurately diagnose and put in place appropriate solutions to ensure business success and growth as well as having an understanding of the relevant consumer and local market influences.
A full and valid UK driving licence is essential.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.