about 1 year ago
Our client is a leading Events, Conferences and Travel Management agency. They work with large blue-chip corporate and government clients, providing a high quality customer experience both in the UK and overseas.
With high client retention rates, successful new business wins and ambitious growth plans our client is looking to recruit a Sales Executive to join their vibrant team and champion their values.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Experience in a Sales Administrative role (ideally in the meetings or travel industry)
• Able to work on own initiative, under pressure and with flexibility
• Confident and chatty personality with a self-driven attitude
• Enjoy the buzz of a busy environment
• Be totally sales focused with a desire to succeed
• Comfortable with making cold and warm sales calls
• Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a passion for good customer service
• Good computer skills (MS Office : Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to problem solve
Some of the key tasks will be:
• Split between new business lead generation at 80% and new business support at 20%
• Making proactive sales calls with a view to develop revenue in line with our clients marketing strategies
• Contacting prospective clients to make appointments for the relevant sales manager/director
• Client mapping - Identify key stakeholders within each client and proactively arrange meetings, accompanied venue/hotel visits, end user presentations and client educational events (day and evening) to meet the account objectives and deliver ROI.
• Identify and maximise all growth opportunities, at all times Inc. cross selling of services.
• Attend potential new client pitch presentations as the proposed account manager including researching the client and reviewing the tender submission.
To attend client meetings and end user evening activity you will be required to travel and stay away from home, this can be once a week but as the company grows will increase. Therefore the candidate must have excellent diary management skills, be flexible with working hours and your personal circumstances must allow for this.
Based on the Science Park near York University, our client has modern offices with good transport links and within 5 minutes of the main campus.
You will be entitled to 24 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Salary £18,000 to £25,000 per annum based on experience.
If you are interested, please apply online using the online application process remembering to attach your most up to date CV and covering letter.