10 months ago
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Re-numeration: £16-20K depending on experience plus commission based on number and value of completed sales.
This is an opportunity to join a UK-based trade and employers' association that provides services to and represents the interests of 1,200 organisations.
Members are UK firms active in the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of building and engineering services, products and equipment.
The Commercial & Innovation Department
The association publishes a range technical and health and safety publications that are widely respected and, in particular, publishes SFG20, a unique online library of maintenance schedules and related products. It has become the definitive standard for planned maintenance, which is the essential tool for facilities managers, building owners, contractors and consultants, enabling organisations to stay compliant.
The Commercial & Innovation Department manages all aspects of SFG20 including sales, ongoing development, maintenance and implementation.
The Role of the Sales Executive
To contribute in generating SFG20 sales, to help the product grow by bringing in customers and developing the business. Responsible for closing sales deals over the telephone and to maintain good customer relationships.
- To actively sell the range of SFG20 products via telephone and online demonstrations against sales targets
- Responsibility for completion of the end to end sales process
- Become the primary point of contact for subscribers
- Proactively follow up on all incoming sales leads
- When required, cold call potential subscribers
- Drive enquiries through sales campaigns
- Attend offsite sales / marketing events (may involve occasional overnight stays)
- Keep up to date records of all customer contact and sales activities via the CRM system
- Attend team meetings
- Deputise as and when required for other members of SFG20 & association teams
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable telesales skills
- Demonstrable track record in meeting sales targets
- Computer literate / keyboard skills
- Experience of working within a sales environment and successful achievement of sales targets
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of CRM