2 months ago
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing SME in the manufacturing industry, which provides engineering services and products to customers in the Aerospace, Medical, Manufacturing, Automotive and Catering Industry. Their products range from developing and manufacturing vibratory machines, automated solutions, waste water treatment, compound and media, sub-contract polishing & mass-finishing works. The business is presently looking into providing an opportunity for individuals to become part of their team and simultaneously bring in their creativity.
They are looking to recruit a Technical Sales Rep or Engineer to join their busy sales team based in the North of England. The ideal candidate will possess a detailed technical understanding of manufacturing processes which require surface finishing application. The role will consist of working remotely to build a client base from new business across multiple market sectors and retaining those as future client accounts. Ideally candidates who have knowledge of surface finishing applications (not essential) or have experience in manufacturing/engineering processes would be preferable.
About the Job:
- To manage accounts within the North of the UK, with a focus on Manufacturing/Engineering companies.
- Developing new accounts and managing existing customers.
- Meeting sales targets for their product categories (Machinery, Consumables, Sub-contracting).
- Preparing quotes and samples reports.
- Promoting the complete company catalogue.
- Supports the sales strategy and achieves assigned objectives in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support on surface finishing applications.
- Supports and participates in marketing initiatives (e.g. exhibitions)
- Planning and meeting face to face client meetings.
- Coordinates sales operations with all departments and/or divisions of the Company.
- Provides product training to customers.
- Provides statistical data for sales forecasting of the Northern UK territory, based on competitor activities and industry movement.
- Solution based selling to offer customers the best value
- Looking to work remotely and occasionally travels to Coventry for monthly/weekly team meetings.
- Goal driven and self-motivated
- Essentially 5 - 8 years of experience in Technical Sales within the Manufacturing / Engineering / Aerospace industry.
- Good work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering (advantageous).
- Proficient in IT and office packages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work independently to achieve goals.
- Clean driving license
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation.