Since 1978 our client has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, they have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: External Sales Engineer
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (£40,000 OTE)
About the role:
As a Sales Engineer you will achieve sales targets, (turnover and profitability), through the development of new and existing business within a targeted area. You will utilise high levels of interpersonal skills to develop long term relationships with customers ensuring that their requirements and business needs are interpreted and managed effectively.
- Effective territory planning to maximise customer contact, proactive telephone canvassing and a call rate of 16 customer visits per week is expected, reported weekly and accurately
- Achievement of sales targets and new trading account generation
- Conduct sales calls in a professional manner, ensuring that customer’s needs are explored extensively
- Utilisation of Product Specialists and other company resources to add value is an absolute expectation
- Ensure that all business systems and CRM sales reporting requirements are updated accurately and on a weekly basis
- Liaise with all franchise partners to ensure continual awareness of new and updated products, and keeping customers informed of new products
- Support marketing activities by keeping accurate contacts on the CRM system, making customers aware of events and also by attending seminars, product launches and other marketing events
- Presenting to various audiences on a range of subjects, including their value proposition, product demonstrations, services and commercial overviews
- Take ownership and responsibility of customer issues to bring them to satisfactory conclusion
- Be accountable for personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with their core competencies and learning and development framework
- Takes on additional tasks to meet departmental, project related or developmental objectives
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures
- Previous experience within a commercial / business to business sales environment is essential, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- A good standard of education is required, particularly in Maths & English
- Effectively handle the technical requirements of this position, Sales Engineers should have a good level of technical understanding, ideally qualified to ONC level in electrical engineering. Sales engineers without this level of qualification and QBE will be subject to technical knowledge testing
- Ability to finish projects and take tasks through to their natural conclusion
- Good day to day planning capabilities
- Technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important for long term success
You may have experience of the following: Sales Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Presales Engineer, Manufacturing, B2B Sales, Business Development, Manufacturing, Pre-Sales Engineer, ONC, Sales Executive, Technical Sales Engineer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.