6 months ago
This company was one of the first independent electronic cigarette companies in the UK. They are looking for ambitious sales assistants for two new positions within their company. Previous experience within the vaping industry or personal use of vaping products is essential, they love what they do, and it's important that you are enthusiastic about vaping. The ability to communicate with all customers and team members in an open and kind manner is what they are looking for!
The full-time sales assistant will ensure that all the duties below are carried out to the highest standards of customer care and he/she will provide support to the Store Manager as directed. Performance will be closely monitored during the 2 month probation period and the post-holder must be able to demonstrate punctuality, accuracy and a consistent commitment to increasing sales and brand awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To greet all customers who enter the shop in a polite and friendly manner judgement and discretion in identifying their needs whilst observing the age restriction policy.
- To gain and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the product range and prices and have the ability to confidently make customer recommendations and provide advice on all e-cigarettes and liquid.
- To accurately process all sales transactions, through their electronic point of sale (EPOS) till system following written procedures.
- To deal with and process all customer complaints, faulty goods, refunds and exchanges in a professional and courteous manner and to defer/report to the Store Manager as appropriate.
- To be always mindful of security within the store and to report any shoplifters and/or fraud.
- To maintain and refresh the product displays and e-liquid flavour bar and adjust any stock on EPOS and record stock adjustments.
- To assist the Store Manager in all aspects of stock control by undertaking stock-counts, receiving and checking off deliveries.
- Monitor stock levels and notify the Store Manager of low products
Cash Handling and Administration
- To accurately cash up at the end of every day reconciling cash and card transactions with the EPOS end of day reports and fill out sales record sheets accordingly.
- To report any discrepancies or errors to the Store Manager.
- To ensure all cash is managed securely.
Customer Care and Administration
- To act as a Brand Ambassador for the company whilst on shift and to wear branded uniforms provided on all occasions.
- To ensure the Customer Complaints policy is fully observed at all times and to report any dissatisfaction to the Manager.
- To assist the Store Manager as appropriate with promotions and improvement projects.
Health, Safety and Security
- To maintain product hygiene and to remain vigilant around handling nicotine.
- To be aware of battery safety information and be able to communicate this to customers