Since 1978 our client has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, they have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Internal Sales
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 depending on skills and experience
Benefits: Health care cash plan Auto enrolled in pension scheme Group life assurance Flexible Benefits; Buy / sell holiday options; Childcare vouchers; Cycle to work scheme; Health care upgrades available; Free parking.
About the role:
As Internal Sales, you will enter sales orders and to keep customers fully updated on progress of their orders. Develop and maintain customer relationships whilst promoting their products and services and maximising sales opportunities. Participating in pro-active telesales activities to their ‘house account’ ledger.
- Deal with customer orders and enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner (expectations are within 24 hours hours)
- Progress any outstanding orders, keeping customer fully updated of progress
- Escalate issues where appropriate to appropriate department or individual
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches as required
- Promote and advise on compatible products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Demonstrate sufficient commercial awareness to negotiate prices, depending on the customer status, ownership and type of product; thereby maximising the margin achieved on the transaction
- Understand the lead time requirements of the customer and utilise company resources to present alternative options if required
- Be aware of all franchise suppliers
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures skills, knowledge and experience
- The job calls for a person who enjoys dealing with people, creating and maintaining relationships
- Customer support and servicing skills will be a critical factor of the role
- The role holder will have the ability to provide practical solutions and follow up on enquiries
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and data entry systems experience in similar sales / customer service environment is important
- A good level of education is required, with at least GSCE’s in Maths and English (or equivalent)
You may have experience of the following: Sales Administrator, Office Administrator, Sales Support, Internal Account Manager, Administrative Assistant, Admin Support, Sales Administration, Sales Office Administrator, Sales Support Administrator, Customer Service, Customer Service Advisor, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.