We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Revenue & Sales Manager to join this iconic 4* Hotel in Newquay.
The Role of Revenue & Sales Manager
This role of Revenue & Sales Manager is essential to the continued success and growth of the Hotel and the revenue management principle of ‘selling the right room, to the right guest, at the right time and at the right price’ is the overriding aim of this role.
The Revenue and Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring that hotel and cottage occupancy percentages and average rates are increasing year on year and that budgets are met in line with this.
Hotel and Cottage Revenue Management
* Fully conversant with all hotel and cottage rates, including tariffs, corporate contracts and promotion rates and packages and ensuring the reservations team are familiar with all in order to sell correctly.
* Accurately preparing weekly revenue forecast sheets, in order to review the business pickup on a weekly basis. This will enable the practical suggestion of appropriate changes to business strategy, in turn to be presented at the weekly revenue meetings.
* Assisting in the implementation of any sales strategies created by the Business Development Manager.
* Working with the events, housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure blocked rooms are appropriately dealt with and unblocked as and when necessary to improve room sales.
* Ensure that all hotel and cottage rates are loaded a minimum of 12 months prior.
* Carry out weekly competitor analysis ensuring the hotel and cottages are pitched appropriately within the market place and amending rates and strategy accordingly if not.
* Maintain an efficient, organised and tidy work environment.
* Demonstrate a sales driven attitude, striving to meet department targets
* Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the Business Development Manager.
* Set a high standard at all times in professionalism, appearance and attitude in line with hotel dress and grooming standards.
* Maintaining a ‘Guest comes First’ approach in all dealings with clients either on the phone or in person.
The hotel is a privately owned 4 silver star hotel (84% AA merit score); with 96 bedrooms and 39 five star self-catering cottages, plus a superb 5 bubble rated Spa. They are Cornwall’s most iconic hotel, sitting gracefully perched on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach, with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives.
A strong ethos of investment, customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel’s success in recent years.
For the role of Revenue and Sales Manager there is a salary on offer of £25,000 per annum depending on experience (plus a financial bonus scheme to be confirmed after successful probation). You will also receive membership of the staff and friends dining and accommodation scheme, complimentary membership of the Leisure Area as well as reduced rates in the Gym & Spa. Training and career development opportunities are readily available for all team members.
This is a full time permanent role and usual hours of work will be 40-45 per week.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Revenue, sales, hotel, meetings, events, sales, marketing, finance,