Job Title: Retail Development Manager
Location: Field/Home based to cover Northern Region
Salary: £23k & bonus
Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Working hours: 40hrs per week between the hours of 7am to 7pm for the business needs
Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
Main Purpose: To ensure a more profitable development of members businesses through nationally agreed activity involving business development and effective communication. Achieve the maximum membership levels against agreed targets within a defined geographic area.
- Agree to achieve individual annual objectives in line with KPI's.
- Agree to work as a national team for agreed KPI targets.
- To recruit retailers into our Client's membership through agreed appointment plans using "hot lead sources".
- To build relationships with small multiple retailers with a view to organisation membership.
- To build alliances with local symbol wholesalers with the objective of membership recruitment
- To help resolve MQFs for the longevity of retention and revenue streams within their territory.
- To be conversant on all current affairs, statutory and non-statutory information in order to respond to retailer requests
- To build alliances with retailers to help build a strong platform and promote the usage of the Company's modern portfolio.
- Understand potential membership market for both "news and "non-news" listings and initiate incremental growth through time-phased routes to grow membership.
- To initiate business development opportunities to promote retail excellence.
- To initiate and integrate commercial opportunities to retailers with the delivery of a leads conversion process.
- To identify potential retailers by telephone for the sale of tangible products when opportunities are presented.
- To support appointment based visits for retention of members.
- To synchronise all digital marketing material on the IPAD with the latest printed portfolio.
- To attend briefings and meetings and work with GOM on the monthly objective of the department
- To support the development of segmentation of members through ongoing data gathering during visits.
- To escalate retailer action plans that require business support to ensure retention of business.
- To manage and close retailer action plans satisfactorily within an agreed time period.
- To advise on new market trends, areas of interest and opportunities that the retailer could take on board to help improve profitability.
- To comply with departmental procedures for reporting, using full retailer notes from visits and preparation of escalation processes through filemaker program.
- Preparation of appropriate paperwork for recruitment and resignation processes meets the company procedures and objectives.
- To comply with upgrades in IT for filemaker program and any instructions IT cascade for the speed and implementation of communication.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with all departments and offices.
- Abide by the organisational rules, policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties as required from time to time as designated by their Line Manager
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Cold Calling out in the field
- Journey Planning
- Being able to work on own initiative
- UK driving license with maximum 6 points
This is for the Northern Region and covers the following - so candidates must stay in the following areas:
- Harrogate (HG3/HG4)
- Scottish Borders
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Retail Development Manager, Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Senior Sales Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Corporate Sales Manager, Sales, Sales Executive, Business Development Executive, B2B, Senior Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Retail Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Retail Business Development, Business Relationship Manager, Membership Sales Manager, Retails Sales, Field Sales, Cold Calling may also be considered for this role.