4 months ago
Regulatory Liaison Consultant – Triton Square
Job Title: Regulatory Liaison Consultant – Triton Square
Salary: £35000 - £39999
Date Closes: 05/01/2018
Ref Number: A20295
Grow with a company that puts customers first
The Santander UK Regulatory Liaison team is looking for a proactive individual who is well versed in the regulatory environment and how this may impact Santander UK. This role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, someone who is calm under pressure, works as part of a team and is also able to use their own initiative. Excellent organisation skills are a must.
Santander UK Regulatory Liaison is part of the Regulatory Affairs team. This team works with colleagues from across the business to support and coordinate regulatory requests and meetings. This role will suit an individual with an interest in working with different parts of the business and provide them with an insight into how the new UK regulatory environment is evolving.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Regulatory Liaison Consultant your main responsibilities will be
* Ensuring an effective regulatory affairs team which is well-respected internally and externally and adds material value to Santander UK’s engagement with regulators. This would include liaising with regulators and the business on meeting information requests
* Ensuring effective and timely collaboration with regulators on key initiatives, then identify and manage any potential regulatory risk
* Assisting with meeting regulatory requests by direct involvement in review/regulatory activity as requested and ensuring Executive Committee/Board Members/internal stakeholders are well briefed/advised on regulatory developments. This includes, ensuring requests/actions are on track and all information is obtained in readiness for meetings / reviews
* Arranging and managing regulatory meetings and act as note taker where required and ensure follow up actions completed. Demonstrate behaviours conducive to developing and maintaining an effective and motivated team – measured by examples of team working and mutual support
* Completing briefings for internal stakeholders prior to key regulatory meetings as required
Minimum skills and experience required
* Experience in arranging and managing regulatory meetings and acting as note taker where required and ensure follow up actions completed
* Strong stakeholder management skills to support and coordinate regulatory requests and meetings
* Experience in liaising with regulators and the business on meeting information requests
* Strong communications skills; Continuous collaboration with regulators on key regulatory initiatives and identify and manage any potential detriment to regulatory relations through liaison activity - pro-actively identifying any trends, issues, risks or concerns which could negatively impact the relationship with any of the regulators and maintaining an up to date knowledge of Risk Management
* Experience in completing briefings for internal stakeholders prior to key regulatory meetings as required
Salary is £35,000 - £39,999 basic per annum
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Of our disclosed population 19% of our workforce come from an ethnic minority