Synopsis: The Sales Recruitment Network is seeking a Specification Sales Professional with Construction Industry expertise and considerable exposure to Architects and Specifiers. To £45K DoE, + Bonus, BMW, Pension, Health etc.
Glasgow / Edinburgh base with Scottish remit
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Cladding & Facades
Package: To £45K Salary DOE, Bonus, BMW 3 Series, Pension, Health etc
Area / Location: Glasgow / Edinburgh / Central Scotland Base with whole of Scotland Territory
Brief job description: My Client is a leading innovator in the field of architectural materials, recognised internationally as a premier developer of high quality panels for exterior cladding, decorative façades, and scientific surface solutions.
The role of the RSM is to maximise sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the Scottish Region, as well as in identified market sectors. This will be achieved by generating specifications and then ensuring that they are secured via specialist distributors and installers.
• Generate specifications from architects, clients and main contractors through promotional visits, presenting CPD’s and providing technical support.
• Build excellent co-operational working relationships with specialist distributors and specialist installers to deliver these project specifications
• Build strong relationships with main contractors
Details of function:
• Develop a clear understanding of the market in Scotland, the main customers across the supply chain, and key personnel within them.
• Analyse the territory potential, determine the value of existing and prospective customers to Client and prioritise personal activity accordingly.
• Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting and logistics.
• Keep abreast of product applications, building & environmental regulations, market conditions and competitor activity.
• Generate a minimum of 40 customer visits per month, including a minimum of 10 promotional visits.
• Working with Opportunity Management at Head Office generate and deliver at least 50 CPD’s per year.
• Investigate, and working with the Technical manager, investigate resolve customer problems and complaints.
• Supply management with regular reports on current and future sales performance, customer activity, competitor activity, and potential for new products and services.
• Ensure CRM system is maintained and fully utilize it to aid workload planning and sales forecasting
• Participate in trade shows and exhibitions
• Reports directly to the Director – UK & Ireland
Qualifications & experience:
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years specification sales experience in the construction industry, ideally in some part of the external envelope. This must include a significant element of working with architects to generate specifications
• While a technical qualification is not a prerequisite, a good understanding of building structures and particularly the external envelope would be advantageous.
• Excellent presentation skills both to individuals and groups.
• Clearly demonstrate an aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to determine solutions for customers.
• An ability to be a team player whilst having the structure and discipline to manage a defined territory.
• IT literacy
• Valid driver’s licence
• Must live within, or in close proximity to, the area