Reports to: Retail Manager
Location: Franklin’s Gardens, Northampton (NN5 5BG)
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000
Our client is one of Europe’s leading professional rugby clubs. It has a proud tradition as a club going back over 100 years and in the modern era of professionalism has consistently performed at the highest level winning both the key European and English Championships. The Club has also been highly successful in its off-field activities, both developing its infrastructure into one of the best dedicated rugby grounds in the country as well as being the only English Premiership Rugby Club to have been profitable for 16 years from 2000 to 2016.
• To coordinate the effective day to day running of the Saints retail store.
• Manage retail staff, including game day members of staff
• Manage store finances- Ensuring till discrepancies are investigated- Prepare weekly banking- Weekly checks on all till floats and safe float
• Ensure pricing is correct
• Ensure merchandise is clean and displayed correctly
• Maintain inventory
• Ensure monthly financial and stock reports are compiled and submitted
• Organise and distribute staff schedules
• Ensure customer questions, complaints and issues are being handled efficiently and effectively
• Assist in the training and retention of store staff to deliver exemplary customer service
• Handle game day staff job functions and reconcile registers at the end of each shift
• Ensure products and POs are correctly implemented onto the stock management system
• Control internal and wholesale product movement
• Fulfil online orders
• Till work where necessary
• Assist with new product selection
• Ensure incoming deliveries are checked, priced and stored correctly
• Experience in a retail / merchandising role
• Ideally experience of stock control and backroom retail activities
• Strong team player, but highly proactive and able to work autonomously
• Customer focused
• Organised and efficient
• Good communicator
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends, including match days
• The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the club and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
• Our client is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
• All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
• To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter online today
• Closing date 5pm on 5th December 2017