3 months ago
Protection Adviser - Life Insurance, Critical Illness & Income Protection
Vita - Cardiff
Basic ranges between £18,000-£22,000 depending on experience with realistic OTE of £40,000+
Vita has arranged over £1 billion of cover for our customers with the top insurers in the country, including Legal & General, Aviva, Zurich, AEGON, LV=, AIG Life plus many more.
Due to organic expansion, and in partnership with Mortgage Advice Bureau (one of the largest mortgage networks in the UK) , we are looking to grow our team of Insurance Advisers.
With this role you will be providing independent expert advice to the people of the UK, helping to protect the things that matter most in life, such as their family, their home and their income; achieved by arranging Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection solutions. One of the team will be arranging the clients mortgage, while our team will assess the Protection requirements.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we do not cold call or operate a ‘hard-sell’ business. We pride ourselves on being a pleasure to do business with. Why not view our Feefo page to read what our customers are saying about us?
Specific Requirements for the Role:
• Able to work 37.5 hrs per week on a flexible basis.
• Normal business hours are: Mon-Thurs 9am-8pm / Friday: 9am-5.30pm / Sat: limited hours occasionally.
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C or above.
• Fully competent in using Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
• As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to accept applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
There are a few other attributes you need:
Experience of high activity, outbound telephone calls, a track record of exceeding personal targets, plus the ability to advise in a consultative, fact-finding and inquisitive way, rather than an ‘order-taking’ style.
No hard sales, no deception, no corners cut, just straight-up, honest, ethical advice as to what each customer needs and reasons why.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• The role is telephone-based servicing clients across the UK. This is NOT a Call Centre role.
• Advise clients regarding their Personal Protection needs (e.g. Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection).
• Source the most appropriate cover and carry out tailored quotations for customers based on their circumstances and requirements.
• Your research will involve liaising with Underwriters regarding factors that could have an impact on policies; hazardous occupations or hobbies, health conditions, medical history etc.
• Apply for cover and manage applications with each respective insurer.
• Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone and email.
• Produce accurate policy and customer documentation at the point of sale to comply with the companies’ regulatory framework.
• Provide the highest levels of customer service and advice to produce and retain business.
• It’s worth noting that our Insurance Advisers aren’t caught up in loads of admin. Once you’ve protected your client, you’ll have Client Support colleagues to take care of the next steps, leaving you to get on with your role.
• If you thrive on targets and enjoy working in a dynamic, team focused environment we would like to hear from you.
• You will possess the ability to talk openly and frankly, overcome customer challenges and close sales where an opportunity exists.
• Excellent communication skills.
• You will need to demonstrate superb verbal and written techniques to all our customers and external partners.Keep abreast of the market’s ever-changing policies and regulations.
• Excellent organisational skills and capable of multi-tasking to tight deadlines.
• Display and execute sound knowledge of the marketplace to make the best recommendations for our customers.
• Demonstrates problem solving attributes when required.
Pay and Benefits:
• Basic Salary of £18,000 (which will increase after a successful 6 month probation) with uncapped commission and a proven OTE of £35,000-£40,000
• To enhance your professional development and career progression, you will be given material and full financial support to obtain industry recognised qualifications within the first 12 months of employment.
• Free access to a range of benefits under the company’s Health Cash Plan which can be used across a range of areas including: optical, dental, complementary therapies and counselling.Free on-site gym with 24 hour access.
• Free on-site parking.Free daily shuttle bus transfer from Cardiff Central Station to the office.
• State of the art office space, with a fun and lively atmosphere.
Interviews will be carried out in December 2017, with successful candidates starting January 2018.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this.
If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
3 months ago
only 24 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close