Programme Manager – Retail Banking Sector / Core Banking Platforms and Systems
Due to continued growth, Xceed Group is currently looking for a Principal Consultant / Programme Manager to take ownership of its Banking Platform Modernisation capability.
Xceed helps its Banking clients implement complex Financial Services Platform modernisation programmes / Core Banking Platforms and Systems, delivering a large and complex core upgrade I.T programmes, systems integrations, separations and transfer of legacy systems. We provide expertise in Data Migration, Test Strategy and Test Management, Cutover & Conversion, Assurance & Direction, Programme Leadership & Management, Programme Support and Planning & Control.
The Principal Consultant role is a key senior delivery, business development and strategy position within Xceed. The primary objectives are to both deliver client site assignments to a high standard and to drive new business and revenue for Xceed.
This position offers a flexible and entrepreneurial environment, heavyweight industry contacts and management team, plus an impressive client list of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 organisations. The Principal Consultant (PC) role is at the heart of Xceed’s success and plays a key role in our future growth.
Xceed is a global consultancy company and although our UK HQ office is based in London, it is essential you are able to work on different customer sites across UK when required.
You must be entrepreneurial, ambitious, self-starting with people conflict and dispute resolution skills. You will be able to build lasting client relationships, and be adaptable with the ability to be open and inclusive with all levels.
· Part of the senior management team, responsible for helping drive Xceed’s Banking (mainly Retail Banking) Platform Modernisation capability, continuous improvement and achieving ambitious growth targets
· Delivery of programmes, leading onsite delivery assignments, ensuring high quality execution and client satisfaction
· Balancing delivery and revenue generation
· Maintaining a high level of personal utilisation
· Managing programme risk including the development of contingency plans and implementing appropriate governance
· Contribute to the overall maturity of Xceed through the development of IP in the form of service propositions and solution development.
· Commercial focused, Principal Consultants are expected to identify cross-selling opportunities and be part of these negotiations.
· Business Development, use your own network and client relationships to create new business opportunities for Xceed and have an overview of client projects/work streams.
· Overall progress, use of large teams and multi-Million £ budgets
Xceed Group is a global IT professional services consultancy operating with a range of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients within various markets from Financial Services, Telco, Media and Energy. As trusted advisors, Xceed Group has been helping its clients successfully shape and implement technology enabled business since 2003. We are experts in making change happen across major banking platform implementations and infrastructure transformations, Xceed has helped implement some of the largest Financial Services IT modernisation programmes.
As experienced practitioners we can lead entire programmes or provide support in specific areas including shaping an IT vision and roadmap, managing a transformation and programme recovery. To ensure the best possible outcome is achieved, we combine this experience with unique IP, toolsets and frameworks to deliver change in the most effective way.
The key skills and responsibilities of a Principal Consultant:
· The Principal Consultant's remit is manifold, but essentially is a blend of senior delivery expertise and commercial acumen
· Must a proven track record of working within the Retail Banking sector and experience of delivering Core Banking Platforms/systems
· A strong and credible record of Programme Delivery, Team Management and Business Development
· Business change, Transformation, Consolidation, Integration and Separation
· Lead and provide support in the production of proposals, lead delivery assignments and manage multi-disciplinary teams ensuring customer satisfaction
· Experience in Assurance & Direction, Programme Support and Planning & Control
· Strong communication, engagement and stakeholder management skills
· Large multi-million £ budgetary control
· You must have experience of working within a consultancy-based business
· Flexible to work on various UK customer sites.