6 months ago
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer (Commercial)
Pre-Sales Consultant (Commercial)
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs our CEO's Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will - 95 percent of my assets drive out the gate every evening. It's my job to maintain a work environment that keeps those people coming back every morning.”
As a world leader in Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, SAS is at the very forefront of many of the industry’s latest trends. We help market leading organisations turn data about customers, performance, financials and IoT devices into information they can use to innovate and drive transformation within their business. SAS is routinely recognized for its workplace culture by various organizations, including the Great Places to Work®.
Pre-Sales Consultant (Commercial):
After 42 years of continued growth, we are looking to expand our sales team and are currently seeking a talented and passionate Pre-Sales Consultant, ideally with previous experience of working in and/or with Commercial B2C sectors (Utilities, Services, Communications).
We're looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who excels in creating and maintaining close partnerships with customers, client managers and partners alike, to drive forward a shared goal of creating value, promoting innovation and generating new business revenue.
The unique SAS sales model centres on delivering exceptional customer service and satisfaction that results in a long-term relationship with customers renew their investment year after year.
• Develop a detailed knowledge of relevant solutions, technologies and processes whilst keeping up to date with industry/business/partner/competitor sector developments.
• Nurture and maintain close working relationships, because business and technical, with our customers and partners.
• Support account executives with account planning, opportunity qualification, workshops, solution design and positioning, crafting proposals and bid responses whilst taking ownership of technical activities.
• Develop effective working relationships with internal peers (Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Commercial & Legal colleagues).
• Comfortably and confidently position (and demonstrate) SAS and its solutions to clients and prospects.
• Help influence client organisations to consider the adoption of SAS solutions using experience and knowledge of their industry and business requirement.
• Build compelling business cases on the value of deploying SAS within customer’s organisation.
• Passionate and driven individual, who enjoys challenges and strives for excellence. Able to work proactively both individually or within a virtual team.
• A combination of …
– Proven pre-sales experience resulting in new business software revenue.
– A comprehensive understanding (and hands-on experience) of advanced analytical techniques and their application to address different business problems.
– Solid understanding of the Commercial B2C space, maybe with first-hand experience of working at such organisations.
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) skills.
• Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements – and to both communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences.
• Comfortable working at "C" level within customers and partners
• Ability to pose probing and questioning skills to uncover and understand customer challenges - understand business processes and associated business problems, and to articulate where and how SAS solutions can address.
• Professional image and respected by clients, and colleagues with whom they can easily build rapport and demonstrate credibility.
This role is based out of our offices in Marlow & London with home working permitted (where appropriate). Our offices are a modern working environment with superb facilities - designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration (subsidised canteen, free beverages, onsite golf course, cricket pitch, games room etc).
Competitive Base Salary, OTE and benefits package
– Car allowance / company car scheme
– Generous Pension scheme
– Private Healthcare
– Flexible Benefits (family healthcare, dental cover, holiday buy back, discounted shopping and rewards).
If you are interested we would love to hear from you!