Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As a Parts Supervisor for Volvo Stockport you will be responsible for leading a small parts department, providing excellent customer service, a first class leadership style, and demonstrating a comprehensive technical understanding of the automotive trade
* Ensure that all customers at retail and workshop areas are dealt with quickly and efficiently and that all orders are processed on the same day.
* Complete all administrative functions in an accurate and timely manner.
* Answers customers' questions regarding technical problems, warranties and repairs in a manner that is easily understood and does not use excessive technical jargon.
* Communicate and log any discrepancies of stock with the Group Parts Manager
* Actively support company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
* Hold monthly 1-to-1 performance reviews with all employees in conjunction with the Aftersales Manager.
* Manage accurate data collection and provide forecasts on departmental performance
* Meet monthly set targets and deliver on agreed KPI's whilst guaranteeing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
What we're looking for:
· Must have experience of working in a similar role with well-developed management and leadership skills and the ability to adjust style and approach to maximise team and individual performance
· Exemplary communications skills, both verbal and written; can develop and maintain working relationships with colleagues, the client base and manufacturers
· Committed to achieving excellent customer relations with a proven track record of ensuring that customer's expectations are exceeded.
· Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail and accurate record-keeping.
· Works together with colleagues to support the achievement of increased profit and sales without compromising the quality of work..
· Positive friendly and professional manner, demonstrates integrity, discretion and objectivity with the aability to work well under pressure, handle conflicting demands, and schedule work appropriately
· Computer literate with knowledge of general IT systems and applications including the Office suite (Excel, Word, etc) and the internet.
· A full and valid UK driving license.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.