New Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1.3 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with over 700 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores.
Their success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The company Way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the company family will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Business Recruitment Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: circa £23,000 basic OTE of 50+ per annum
Benefits: include 34 days holiday (includes bank holidays), increases with length of service, company sick pay, pension scheme, life cover, health cash plan, childcare vouchers, paternity pay, staff discount, cycle to work scheme, long service awards, retirement gifts, community volunteering, payroll giving.
About the role:
The Business Recruitment Manager is responsible for the effective recruitment of targeted retailers into the group. They are looking for those individuals who enjoy closing a sale, working competitively and thrive under pressure. You must be able to converse with all levels of clients and relish the challenge of working to recruit small and large retail businesses to the Symbol Group.
Commercially aware you will be required to assess each business for its suitability, negotiate terms of the agreement successfully and be able to project manage a successful conversion. You also need to identify new opportunities which will mean canvassing existing retail businesses, therefore being able to open doors successfully. Market insight is a must as is your credibility alongside great presenting skills.
The role is very target driven and those who are successful will be well rewarded in this career.
- Identifying potential retailers for recruitment, in accordance with their criteria
- Managing a potential retailer database for the territory
- Building a group of key industry contacts within the territory
- Selling their brand to potential retailers
- Ensuring that all new retailers meet their commercial targets
- Project management of the recruitment / development process, from first call to store launch
- Inducting retailers into the the group prior to trading
- Ensuring that appropriate communication links and support are well established with each relevant department at the point of trading
- Ensuring that all cost budgets are achieved in conjunction with commercial team and Development Director
- Will be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
- Will have access to a company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- High level of numeracy and literacy is essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Demonstrable Retail and Cold Call Sales experience is essential
- Experience in the use of Sparpos systems is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Experience in managing costs and resources
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, National Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Senior National Account Manager, New Business Development Manager, B2B, Sales Manager, Field Sales, Cold Calling, Account Management, Business Recruitment Manger etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.