National Sales Manager, Industrial Printers, Midlands. Up to £60,000 Basic, £80,000 OTE + Car + Package. This is a National Sales Manager role with a global leader in the manufacture of industrial printers, RFID Printers, Kiosk printers, labelling systems and barcode products.
This is a people management role that requires a brilliant sales manager from within an aligned industry. Your remit is managing 24 field sales and field service staff (who also have sales targets) and is solely a people management role - leading, co-ordinating, training, mentoring, coaching, hiring, performance management, developing, etc.
This is a national role for a well-planned and diligent people manager that manages individuals as individuals and uses data to spot areas for development and opportunities for team members to improve their effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have five years plus people management experience from within one or more of the following: inkjet printing, laser marking systems, barcode scanners, barcode Label Printers, ticket printers, EPOS Systems & Hardware, ID Card Printers, Labels & Ribbons, labelling systems, self-adhesive labels, thermal transfer ribbons, RFID or similar. Experience of managing teams that sell both direct to end users and via third-party distributors would be of enormous benefit.
This is a very 'hands on' role where you will accompany team members on visits and shadow new staff, i.e. this is not a role for someone that wants to 'sit in their ivory tower and point!'. You are expected to speak to every team member at least once per week, meet everyone at least once per month and hold a national sales meeting once per quarter.
This manufacturer has a reputation for high quality and are at the 'premium end' of the market where the sale is focused on quality and reliability over price.
* You will a proven people manager with a dynamic 'hands on' approach and the gravitas and credibility to quickly engage and gain the respect of the sales teams.
* Your style will be one that encourages, supports and promotes 'buddying' and getting the staff to work together and support each other to ensure that goals are achieved
* You will be professional, credible and customer service led and someone that genuinely enjoys driving and mentoring others to achieve their 'next level'.
* You will be hard working, credible and possess good IT knowledge and enjoy using CRM systems.
* You will be of graduate calibre, well presented, intelligent, articulate and have solid numerical skills
* Above all you will be a dynamic personality that inspires confidence and naturally finds that people are commonly happy to follow them!