National Product Manager – International Timber
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated sales professional to join the team.. You will have the drive and personality to be an ambassador for our business and products, building long lasting relationships between customers, suppliers and our sales teams across the UK.
What will I be doing in the role?
· Take responsibility and accountability for managing the supply chain of a product range within International Timber
· Building critical relationships between customers, suppliers and the sales teams
· This is a national role covering all 6 International Timber sites tasked with the identification of emerging industry trends and investigating market potential for a product range.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in our National Product Manager?
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
· Full understanding of the supply chain process and ability to seek out new sources of supply
· Full understanding of importing and legalities surrounding this process
· Experience of supplier negotiation
· Previous sales experience
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and numerical skills - ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation
· Demonstrates a desire to continually improve product and process control
· Demonstrates a high level of organisation
· Ability to solve problems and train others in product specialism
· Strong numerical ability with commercial understanding (margin, profit, etc.)
· Proven ability to influence key decision makers (internal and external customers) to achieve results
· Proven ability to develop a product / segment strategy and deliver against targets
· Excellent presentation, planning & organisational skills
· Valid UK driving licence
· Degree qualified
· Proven ability of market and competitor analysis
· Previous management experience
· Budget management experience
Key Results Areas
You will be required to:
· Development of a strategic plan for all associated products
· An understanding of the customer needs to drive product / service development within the business
· Supporting Sales Team with direct customer visits
· Daily contact with Sales teams giving prices and mentoring to maximise return to business
· Meet and consult with Operations Teams to ensure an ‘optimum Stock Profile’ that meets customer service level requirements
· Support Operations Teams to fulfill any outstanding customer orders
· To produce a monthly report as soon as the end of the month figures are available, showing sales and margin, stock position and a projection of growth plans
· Management and communication of pricing levels for own product range
This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
International Timber is the largest supplier and distributor of sustainable timber and panel products in the UK. We specialise in the import, processing and distribution of Softwoods, Hardwoods, Clear softwoods, Engineered timber, Panel products and Cladding & Decking. Our products are sourced from around the world to offer our customers throughout the UK excellent choice, value, availability and service.
We are part of Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to: