Are you driven, target orientated and are motivated by making money? If so we want to hear from you! We currently have exciting opportunities for you to join our team as a Multimedia Field Sales Executive, based in our Warrington office, home of the Warrington Guardian!
As a Multimedia Field Sales Executive you will be part of a busy and vibrant Advertising Sales team whereby you will play a fundamental role in ensuring the continued success and reputation that we pride ourselves on.
Your role will predominantly be out on the road facilitating new business development whereby you will be responsible for managing your own territory. Consisting of generating new leads, conducting research and pitching to a variety of local businesses across the Warrington region, selling advertising space in our local digital and print publications.
Account management plays an essential part in this role, whereby you will be liaising with new and existing clients managing their expectations and accounts to ensure that a positive relationship is maintained at all contact points. This will involve accurately reporting data, generating repeat custom/upselling along with supporting the clients on their advertisement campaign; from design and formatting to ad placement.
Due to the nature of the role it is crucial that you are enthusiastic, driven and possess a strategic mind-set whereby you are not afraid to think outside the box and push the norms. Previous experience in Field Sales is essential due to the nature of the responsibilities and time management necessary. While Multimedia experience in Digital and Print is highly desirable, candidates with a strong sales background are considered.
Along with prior sales experience candidates need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an outgoing personality with a flair of creativity
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality, and will to succeed
- Negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
- Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstone to success, so being able adapt and prioritise is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) along with experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or Futureproof would be advantageous
- Minimum education requirements of GCSE English and Maths at C level
Who are we?
Newsquest is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. We employ over 3,500 staff with 1,600 experienced media sales people that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles such as USA Today.
What do we offer?
Aside from an engaging, fun and lively work environment, with huge potential for personal and career development, we offer:
- A competitive base salary package along with an uncapped commission structure allowing for a realistic OTE of £28-32k plus in your first year!
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company car, laptop and mobile
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Various sales incentives
- Extensive and continuous sales development training through our accredited Sales Excellence Academy
How to Apply?
Do you see yourself as the perfect match for this job? Then we look forward to getting to know you better! Please apply now with your CV and a clear covering (motivational) letter to help us gain a deeper understanding of what drives you and your fit for this role.