We currently have a great opportunity for you to join our team as a Multimedia Field Sales Executive, based in our Oxford office, home of the Oxford Mail!
Newsquest is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. We employ a successful team of experienced media sales people that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles including USA Today.
The job of a Multimedia Field-sales Consultant is hard work but has the potential to be incredibly rewarding. You will have the opportunity to work with local businesses and create marketing solutions to help them stand out from the crowd.
This is a different sales job to most you will have seen before, working within a driven and successful sales advertising team. From your first day, you will be building your knowledge of new & prospective customers in order to create a solution to help them reach more customers. We need you to be a consultant that wants to partner themselves with businesses to help them achieve their goals. As you develop yourself as an expert you will need to manage the accounts you’ve won.
Your role will predominantly be out on the road facilitating new business development whereby you will be responsible for managing your own territory. Consisting of generating new leads, conducting research and pitching to businesses across in the Oxfordshire territory, selling advertising space in our local digital and print publications. This will consist of local SME’s across various sectors or a specified category to focus on.
With a high level of customer service, attention to detail and a drive to learn Newsquest Media’s products you have the tools to establish yourself as a multimedia sales expert.
We need you to have…..
Due to the nature of the role you need to be enthusiastic, driven and value building good client relationships. Previous experience in Field Sales is ideal in relation to the responsibilities and time management necessary. Multimedia experience is an advantage with a focus on print and digital preferred, however good B2B sales experience in other industries are very much considered.
· Previous media sales / B2B sales transferable into the role
· Professional and competent client services skills.
· Excellent attention to detail and committed to delivery and performance.
· Ability to take ownership and embrace new technologies
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
· Target driven and a good objection handler, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
· Good time management & attention to detail - being able adapt and prioritise is essential
· Strong personal resilience, negotiation & objection handling skills
· An outgoing personality, strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality and a will to succeed
We would like you to have….
· Experience of a Sales CRM System
· Minimum education requirements of GCSE English and Maths
We'll look after you with….
· A competitive base salary package plus uncapped bonus structure
· A fun and lively work environment, with excellent potential for personal and career development
· Pension scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Access to discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets, days out and a range of high street shops.
· As this is a field sales role, a company car, laptop and mobile are provided
Do you see yourself as the perfect match for this job? Then apply now!