5 months ago
Information on the company
This amazing company has an aim to enable social and economic development in Sub-Saharan Africa by covering more than 20 countries by 2019, making a long-term contribution to the continent. This is about opening opportunities for Africans while giving the world a broader access to African talents and creativity.
This is a 6 month internship paying £15K pro rata.
You will be working on an initiative to provide extensive satellite coverage to Sub-Saharan Africa for the delivery of high quality broadband services to individuals, businesses and the public sector.
This company is a state-of-the-art satellite broadband provider and has an exciting opportunity for a budding Marketing & Communications Executive. Join their young, multinational marketing team at an exciting period of the company’s growth and help our Sales and Product teams initiate and execute best practice marketing campaigns for innovative satellite communication products.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will be reporting to our Marcom Manager and will be responsible for:
1. Helping our sales and marketing teams in the creation and delivery of integrated, end-end PR, print and digital communication strategies, reaching target audiences.
2. Collaborating with our agency to conceptualize, draft and pitch fresh ideas to press, media and influencers to secure global coverage.
3. Assisting in the creation of a sustainable social media strategy to implement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.
4. Co-creating and delivering our monthly internal newsletter, connecting the company’s vision with our employees.
5. Building and nurturing supportive relationships with our local partners in Africa.
6. Working with our marketing agency to act as the ambassador of our brand on the web, building and monitoring multiple communities in blogs, forums and social networks.
7. Writing and editing briefs for our spokespeople.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
Our Marcom Intern must:
1. Be a university graduate in marketing, communication, or business administration.
2. Have basic knowledge of Drupal, and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular Powerpoint and Word software.
3. Have comprehensive experience in developing, executing, and managing strategic marketing and communications plans, including experience with web-based initiatives, social media and CRM/Salesforce.
4. Be a creative, proactive, determined and high-energy team member with the ability to roll their sleeves up and take on multiple responsibilities within a start-up environment.
5. Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, and possess excellent written and communication skills.
6. Be independent and flexible to adjust to a dynamic working environment.
7. Speak fluent English, with French language being a huge plus.
Experience in the telecoms sector is a plus but not required.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- A young diverse multinational team
- Gain valuable experience working on an international initiative
- Working hours are 09:00 – 17:00
- Central London
Apply for this role