4 months ago
Managing Partner - Retail
31st January 2018
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world`s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
Our business sales vision is to become the communications platform of choice by 2020, turning our customers into fans. The enterprise sales strategy is to focus on key market segments (creating practices) and delivering transformational Business solutions that grow our customer`s revenue and reduce their costs.
Our retail, solution and product set puts us in the perfect position to take the retail industry by storm and we are focused on growing this practice throughout 2018. As such, we`re looking for a retail industry master to head up this practice as Managing Partner and to be a key member of the Enterprise Sales leadership team.
You will provide the leadership and market expertise to deliver our vision and the practice models that will allow us to succeed. Along with managing the Retail Practice team you will have the autonomy to set the strategic direction for the sales team and you will also support the Head of Enterprise Sales in developing and implementing the overall O2 B2B Retail strategy.
As a key member of the Enterprise Sales leadership team you will have a proven track record of leading high performance teams and delivering complex transformation projects with the use of technology.
- Define the strategy for 2018 putting into place a structured plan and ensure the capability and resource in the team is at its strongest
- Using your extensive connections within the retail industry identify new business opportunities and ensure our brand awareness is strong
- Ensure that the Retail Practice team is appropriately structured, resourced and has the capability to meet the demands of the company growth plans
- Provide leadership and direction to the team, motivating individuals and supporting a high performance culture
- Overall responsibility for sales pipeline management, sales cycles and forecasting and reporting
- Act as a customer champion focusing on customer satisfaction and sales excellence to ensure customer retention and growth of existing customer requirements
- Proactively represent the Retail Practice with colleagues throughout the organization including C-Suite to ensure end-to-end customer service excellence
- Ultimate responsibility for delivering the Why O2 message within the wider marketplace by networking, social media, speaking events and evangelising our story
Skills & experience:
- Excellent retail market knowledge & proven experience in delivering transformational solutions within the retail market
- Sales management experience including setting strategy, business plans and propositions
- Commercial ownership at P&L level
- Self-motivated with high levels of personal energy, capable of working under pressure and effectively prioritise to deliver results
- Capable of working effectively at CFO/COO level in customer organisations with the ability to present and influence up to board level
In return for your efforts, you`ll be rewarded in typical Telefonica style:
A competitive salary and benefits that you get to choose, including our cycle to work scheme, carbon offsetting, flexible working and childcare vouchers. Great news if you`ve got little ones or other family commitments, or if you want to be more green. And of course you can expect support, recognition and the chance to progress with us.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.