Currently Holt Executive are assisting a globally recognised, industry technology leader with their searches for a Manager, Business Intelligence / Business Intelligence Manager.
The Manager, Business Intelligence / Business Intelligence Managers role is to focus on the technical aspects of the strategic development and implementation of our clients advanced analytics programme.
The Manager, Business Intelligence / Business Intelligence Managers will work closely with business executives and stakeholders in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support analytics solutions to deliver the prioritised information to satisfy the business information needs.
Below is some information regarding the key responsibilities of The Manager, Business Intelligence / Business Intelligence Managers:
- Working with the Head of Analytics and other key stakeholders to plan the correct levels of internal and external resourcing to deliver the prioritised requirements set and approved by the business. The individual must be able to communicate transparently to the business expected timelines and highlight resourcing conflicts and shortfalls in an effective manner
- Leading a team of data engineers and technical analysts to work across multiple projects and business as usual support activities
- Define systems requirements for information technologies in the areas of BI, analytics and data warehousing that meet the business requirements
- Ensure best practices and effective monitoring are established for problem identification and resolution for a high availability, global analytics environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all key BI and data management policies and procedures, including those for BI/EDW architecture, data centers, standards, purchasing, monitoring, and service provision.
- Continual monitoring and analysis of existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the BI and analytics architecture.
- Facilitate system feasibility studies, proof of concepts, pilot project, and testing.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest data technologies and solutions in support of future data management roadmaps.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of BI and analytics systems, including data integration, high availability, security, and data privacy.
- Ensure change management practices conform to organization-wide standards.
Below is some information of the essential and desirable knowledge and key skills required for the The Manager, Business Intelligence / Business Intelligence Managers:
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of BI / Analytics capabilities
- Direct experience managing all aspects of a BI/Analytics team.
- Ability to work and interact with business users and team members in a geographically distributed model
- Strong technical knowledge of data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modelling, data governance, analytics and predictive modeling technology and platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of current data management trends
- Proven experience in building and managing virtual teams.
- Proven experience in BI/data warehousing planning and development.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or DevOps environment
- Experience working with and managing work activities under a managed services model
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent coaching, listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment