Local Business Development Manager,
Volkswagen Newcastle, Scotswood Rd
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As a Local Business Development Manager you will be working as part of the team at Volkswagen in Newcastle to maintain, develop and build business connections for customers in Newcastle, Teesside, Carlisle and the surrounding areas. As such we require a tenacious sales person to promote the Volkswagen brand whilst meeting and exceeding new corporate business sales targets.
* Responsible for maintaining and developing all existing accounts, regularly visiting the clients and achieving set objectives to develop accounts
* Ensure that sales targets and any other objectives are constantly met or exceeded in order to assist the achievement of departmental profitability and other ambitions included in the company's business plan.
* Successfully obtain new conquest accounts as tasked.
* Assist and support the team to deliver excellent customer service, and to maintain a high level of customer contact by way of direct mail, correspondence, telephone contact and follow-up, in order to enhance the reputation of the business
* Plan and host events for corporate customers throughout the year.
Skills and Attributes:
* You must be self-motivated with the drive to bring new business to the company and manage new accounts to the standard expected by the client.
* An excellent communicator and good at building business relationships with the key decision makers
* Smart personal appearance as well as friendly and professional manner
* A full and valid UK Driving Licence
* Previous Sales experience
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.