Leather Technical Advisor, to organise and run customer product trials for a game changing solution that reduces water and chemical usage within leather tanning processes. The role will involve travelling to customer sites located throughout continental Europe, reporting to London based office. We have advertised the role nationally to attract the best available talent, relocation assistance available.
SALARY: £40,000 to £45,000 Dependent upon experience
BENEFITS: Pension, Life Assurance, Private Health, Performance Bonus, Equity Incentive Scheme, 25 days Holiday + Stats.
OFFICE BASED: Extensive European travel, reporting to London Office, occasional attendance at the Xeros Sheffield facility and ability to work from home.
THIS ROLE OFFERS:
* A platform to enable you to be creative and challenge your hands-on and theoretical leather technology skills
* A truly rewarding opportunity to help shape a revolutionary technology at the launch stage
* Career development and progression with a company that promotes from within.
Leather Technical Advisor you will be a key member of a team responsible for organising and running customer product trials based onsite at tanneries located throughout continental Europe. This role will involve working with internal and external Science, Technical and Engineering teams from initial enquiry stage through to technology deployment, with the objective to demonstrate the processes ability to reduce chemical and water consumption and of producing leather to the required quality and specification requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, AS LEATHER TECHNICAL ADVISOR, YOU WILL:
* Plan and coordinate trial programme with internal technical, science and engineering teams
* Work with Tannery Technical teams to identify hide specifications and chemical recipes
* When required organise validation with 3rd party organisations of chemical recipes changes
* Perform process demonstrations on customer sites which will involve manual handling of hides and tanning chemicals
* Document product trial results and communicate these with key stakeholders
REQUIREMENTS - Leather Technical Advisor
To be successful in your application you MUST have experience in wet end leather production and be prepared for extensive travel to customer sites located throughout Continental Europe, attending London Office for team meetings and working from home 2 to 3 days per week when not travelling.
ESSENTIALLY YOU WILL:
* Be able to perform hands-on trials of tanning processes on customer sites
* Hold a deep knowledge of leather tanning chemicals, recipes and processes
* Possess very strong communication skills and confident in meeting customer technical and management teams
* Able to communicate with engineering and science teams to enable customer site based trials
DESIRABLY YOU WILL:
* Be From a Leather Technologist, Leather Technician, Technical Sales or Technical Advisory role
* Be qualified to Diploma or Degree level in Leather Technology or similar, although not essential
Xeros Tanning Technologies is the world leader helping tanneries address their water and effluent management challenges. Xeros is the only company using ground-breaking technology to significantly reduce water in the leather production process, a resource that is quickly becoming scarce, on a global scale. Our innovative, patent-protected technology significantly reduces water and chemistry in re-tanning, which also reduces the resulting effluent, allowing tanneries a significant commercial advantage. Xeros technology works with tanneries’ existing chemical recipes, but is simply more effective at delivering the chemicals into the hide. Xeros seeks experienced mechanical engineers to join the team to help introduce their technology to tanneries, initially with a focus on the European market.
Note to Candidates and Recruitment Agencies: Please do not contact Xeros directly all enquiries are to be made to our recruitment partner, Wallace Hind Selection.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Leather Technical Advisor, reference JC1711-65 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.