3 months ago
Lead Product Manager - Mobile & Digital
Lead Product Manager - Mobile & Digital
* Location Swindon Head Office, England
* Contract type Permanent
* Closing date 17/01/2018
* Ref R002202291
• A Lead Digital Product Manager to work in our Mobile and Digital team, focused on our colleague mobile and digital capabilities
• This new role will be based in Swindon and will involve some travel to Bristol and London
• £50,337 - £72,709 based on current package plus status car or car allowance, on a permanent contract
Mobile & Digital
Mobile & Digital is an impressive part of the Society where are committed to run, grow, mature and develop our digital estate. We do this to deliver legendary service to our members across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, ATMs, nationwide.co.uk, Video, colleague mobile and digital, our online application systems and APIs. That’s no mean feat!
So, we’ve created a set of digital product owners who have end-to-end accountability for our digital products to ensure we are delivering a consistently outstanding experience to our members. These digital product owners are responsible for all aspects of a product from initial strategy right through into operational running, which is a fantastic opportunity for these individuals to shape and own an important part of our overall strategy.
As a result we have a truly exciting opportunity for a Lead Product Manager for our colleague mobile and digital capabilities.
Video, Branch and Colleague Mobile & Digital
The Video, Branch and Colleague Mobile & Digital team has a broad role are at the heart of the Mobile & Digital Community. The team is responsible for ATMs and Cash Services as well as defining and executing the mobile and digital strategies to enable our branch colleagues to better serve our members, as well as enabling colleagues to work more effectively.
Working as part of the Video, Branch and Colleague Mobile & Digital team, you will be empowered to develop our products and services to deliver a world class experience to our colleagues, whilst balancing the needs and objectives of the Society. This will include progressing our unified communications strategy and shaping what devices and software we use to fully unlock the benefits of a genuinely mobilised workforce. Of course, we can’t do this on our own, so you will work closely with all other areas of Mobile & Digital, as well as teams across the Society, including Workplace Transformation, Operations & Delivery, Transformation and our key controls communities.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• Significant business experience at a senior management level, a reasonable proportion of which should be in financial services.
• Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, prioritise and measure success combined with the ability to choose correctly from alternative solutions in new and varying circumstances.
• Self-starting individual with proven ability to take on and exceed targets consistently and to take ownership for results
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a good communicator and influencer
• Proven people management experience
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Planning and organising skills
• Experience of developing strategies and associated business cases
• A sound understanding of the project lifecycle with experience of sponsoring change
• Post Graduate degree and / or professional qualifications required
What you'll be doing
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development of improvements and a continuous pipeline of change across our colleague mobile and digital capabilities.
On a day to day basis you will:
• Influence and refine discovery activity in the Digital and Mobile domain to inform the strategy for Nationwide’s colleague digital products.
• Define and implement a digital product development strategy for colleague digital products, including backlog management and prioritisation. This will include owing the end-to-end UX and service design across all digital products for which responsible, as well as influencing IT architecture.
• Own end to end delivery of change across the digital products, working collaboratively with colleagues in Operations & Delivery, Transformation and controls communities to implement an agile way of working, with the clear objective of materially increasing pace of change.
• Develop and imbed strategies for improving colleague exploitation of relevant technologies, simplifying processes and delivering education.
• Ensure digital product development plans are well aligned with property plans to deliver a coherent and optimised colleague experience.
• Accountable for effectively managing operational and conduct risks in line with the Nationwide policy and regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for the development of employees, putting in place frameworks for coaching and development to meet existing and future planned requirements.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Job image 2
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Did you know?
Nationwide is the world's largest building society
We're the best Bank/Building Society to work for in the UK
We want to be 1st choice for Financial Services by 2019
We're a top 50 employer for Women
We've been awarded the Carbon Trust Standard
We’re a living wage employer