We now have a fabulous opportunity for a charismatic and energetic Key Account Manager or Junior NAM looking for a step up, to sell our wide range of stock & branded food service & catering products to Independent wholesalers, buying groups and Cash & Carry’s across the South & London.
Salary: £35,000 – 40,000 basic
Additional Benefits: Performance bonus + Car + Home Office + Full Benefits Package
Location: Head Office South London
Covering: South West Corridor/London/Essex
We are a financially strong, reputable and independent business specialising in supplying a range of off-the-shelf and bespoke catering products into the food service and drinks industries.
Our products are to be found in many of the regions FMCG & Cash & Carry outlets as well as many of the UK’s most prestigious outdoor and corporate events and we renowned for being at the forefront of NPD & innovation within our field.
Job Specification: Key Account Manager – FMCG
Manging our southern based customers (Bristol, along the M4, London across to Essex and below) this role is to engage with and develop the Independent Wholesalers & Buying Groups throughout the South of the UK: Driving JBPs to ensure we add value to our partners and operate with a ‘win/win’ philosophy
- Manage the development and overall performance of the accounts to ensure the right items are stocked, according to demand and future forecasting
- Work with customers on NPD for new bespoke branded ranges
- Build working relationships with current Wholesalers and National Distributors (70%) and actively seek out new potential customers (30%)
- Produce outline business plans based on agreed volume and value targets
- Plan promotional activities with the accounts to achieve maximum returns
We offer you autonomy, trust and all of the tools you need to do a great job and we have a great working environment where we truly value our colleagues. As a result of this we want to appeal to those individuals who seek a career and care about service, integrity and delivering on promises.
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with: Key Account Manager – FMCG
- A proven track record building relationships within the Independent foodservice distributors and wholesalers,
Buying Groups & Cash and Carry’s
- Experience of working in a role requiring high level statistical analysis and numerical interpretation
- Formal blue-chip FMCG sales training
- Ability to assess client’s bespoke needs and help develop new product lines with the Sales & Marketing teams
- You could currently be in a Key Account Manager role, or be an aspiring Junior Key Account or Junior National Account Manager, or National Account Executive looking for your next step
Personal characteristics: Key Account Manager – FMCG
- A passion for being proactive and working in a challenging and competitive sales environment
- A proven track record of building relationships with new and existing customers
- Graduate calibre
- Highly Commercial, with strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Engaging, vibrant and inspiring, someone who our customers really want to work with
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Key Account Manager, Junior Key Account Manager, KAM, National Account Executive, National Account Manager, FMCG, Foodservice Wholesale, Cash & Carry, Independent Wholesalers, Foodservice Buying Groups, FMCG Distribution Channel, Distributors
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Key Account Manager - FMCG reference TF1710-17 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.