Job Title: Key Account Manager
Location: London Heathrow
The company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
They are looking to hire an experienced Key Account Manager to manage and develop the assigned Key Accounts to meet the objectives of growth and profitability.
The primary purposes of this role are:
- To take overall development responsibility of the assigned Key Accounts
- To promote and sell differentiating Industry Solutions based on the company's products and Supply Chain Solutions
- To increase relationship stability by diversifying product offerings and developing multi-level contacts relationship between Key Account and Panalpina main stakeholders
- Coordinates all Key account related activities in the Area and addresses Corporate support if needed (e.g. Tender management, Business implementation, IT)
- Increase share of wallet and profitability of the Key Account(s) to achieve development objectives
- Diagnose Key Account(s) Supply Chain set up and identify Supply Chain Solutions opportunities. Develop and prepare strategic investment proposal in close cooperation with Area Head of SCS, Area Head of IV and Area Head of M&S.
- Is responsible to monthly Key Account performance monitoring
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to customers
- Provide profit guidelines to Key Account(s) team(s) for ad-hoc quotations
- Owns and Ensure full adherence of Key Account(s) SOP in the Area
- Take Area lead role and actively participate to Key Account(s) RFI & RFQ opportunities
- Prepare RFI & RFQ Post-Mortem analysis and share with Tender Management, Products and any other relevant internal stakeholders
- Build up and further improve customer relationships with the assigned Key Account(s) team in the Area
- Act as a mediator between Key Account(s), Panalpina and suppliers, assuring the Key Account team is the focal point for escalations
- Proceed to forwarding and logistic spent identification and regular update on the assigned Key Accounts
- Gather Strategic Forecast from the assigned Key Account(s) and is responsible to communicate and update space requirements to relevant Area Product Organizations on Quarterly basis minimum
- Display strong leadership both externally towards Customer and internally towards the Key Account(s) team, Areas involved and upper Management
- Monitor data input quality & quantity on Key Account(s) and address quality issue to relevant internal parties when occurring
- Deliver individual and departmental KPI's
- Freight industry experience
- Experience in Account Management and Sales
- Good ability to plan strategically and translate strategy into operational roadmaps, deploying resources efficiently while pushing for results
- Good ability to take complex decisions and be accountable, demonstrating managerial courage and taking responsibility while managing risk
- Extensive skills to integrate and coordinate resources across functions and borders, building and using networks, encouraging collaboration across borders, being open to outside input and sharing knowledge and expertise
- Profound ability to focus on customer service as a core value, increasing operational efficiencies and setting and monitoring high standards of quality while taking necessary steps to retain and improve customer relationships
- Good ability to influence and negotiate
- Good ability to present and articulate
- Good International experience and mindset and willing to travel as required
Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Development Manager, BDM, Textile Sales, National Business Development Manager, Business Development Leader, Senior Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Internal Sales Manager, Business Development Leader, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Sales Agent, Field Sales, Senior Sales, Commercial Sales, Key Sales, Regional Sales, Sales Professional, Senior Account Manager may also be considered for this role.