2 months ago
Key Account Manager
Our client is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through their unique co-development approach, they develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with their customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, they solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Their pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps them at the cutting edge of their industry and is what sets them apart. It enables their employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
Our client employs more than 2,700 employees globally and with 19 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents they have one of their industries most diverse global footprints.
Our client is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and our client feels proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At their recently upgraded site at King George Dock they operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. They supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, foodservice and retail, and they work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
Position: Key Account Manager
Location: Home Based, Midlands / National
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: Monday - Friday
Benefits: A competitive salary and benefits package and car; investment in training and development; a culture that empowers you to be innovative and allows you to challenge convention; Commitment to smarter global collaboration, learning and sharing of best practices in a virtual team environment; rewards that reflect individual performance.
About the Role:
Working as part of the Foodservice Team, our client is seeking to appoint a Key Account Manager who will be responsible for developing and growing the UK foodservice business in managing and developing sales within Regional and National Accounts, increasing sales at both their Hull and Runcorn sites in line with business objectives.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Deliver foodservice customer strategy which will support and influence short and long term business plans
- Deliver the strategy through the sale of products using market data, life cycle, margin, NPD and packaging
- Work with the Marketing / NPD teams to achieve the agreed plan
- Build and develop a relationship with key existing and new customers using all resources available to find business solutions to their customers
- Manage the Sales Budgets ensuring best value for money and adhering to the parameter of the budget
- Ensure they use all market data at their disposal to achieve a more intellectual approach to their strategy development
The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage a varied workload of projects and presentations. Time management skills are a must, and the candidate will need to be able to be proactive in all aspects of their work as well as being self-motivated.
Of Graduate calibre with ideally a minimum 2:1 in a business related degree, you will already have relevant B2B / Foodservice sales experience within key account handling and can demonstrable track record of successful account management and business development.
The ideal candidate will have a foodservice background and have experience with dealing with the foodservice industry.
You should also possess the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated, must be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workloads
You may have experience of the following: Key Account Manager, Sales Manager, Account Manager, National Sales Manager, National Account Manager, B2B Sales, Account Management, Field Sales Manager, Key Account Management, Area Sales Manager, Account Management, Regional Sales Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.