Internal Sales Executive, Construction, based Milton Keynes. £25,000 to £30,000 Basic Salary dependant on experience. This is an incredibly varied specification sales, sales support and marketing role for a manufacturer of high end construction products sold into specialist distribution and end users via architects and interior designers.
The ideal candidate will have some construction experience and be happy in a very autonomous role where you will often be working alone at the UK HQ. The products are at the premium end - high value, high quality and very much 'in demand' as they are what 'high end user clients', architects and interior designers are looking for to create a 'wow' effect. The products are continuously evolving and this is an extremely buoyant area of the construction market at the moment, so much so that the UK Division reached their 2017 sales target in June.
The role is a combination of account management, inbound sales, sales follow ups, administrative support (sending product literature, answering technical questions), co-ordinating the field sales team, managing external marketing agencies and helping put together tender responses, quotations, etc.
The role requires a business development led individual and experience of selling into architects and/or interior designers would be of huge benefit. The ability to read drawings would be the 'icing on the cake'
The company are looking for exceptional individuals that are looking for a 5 year plus role with a rapidly growing company with 'hot products'. So, what's required?
1) You will be a rare individual with a sales background that is highly efficient, organised, enthusiastic, proactive, confident, intelligent and articulate with an analytical mind.
2) You must be a strong enough character to close inbound sales, make proactive follow up calls and present recommendations to management in monthly board meetings.
3) You will set yourself high personal standards and have the confidence to handle inbound enquiries, understand client needs, provide appropriate product literature and follow-up to arrange face-to-face meetings for the field sales team. It is planned that the role will progress to a field sales role in twelve months.
4) The role will also require you to become fully conversant on the products so you will be the kind of individual that enjoys being a 'sponge' for information and is naturally inquisitive and likes to be the 'expert' and 'go to' person, within a business.
5) The role is largely office based but will also include representing the company at exhibitions and occasional client field sales meetings. Therefore, you will need to be a driver with your own car (mileage paid at maximum HMRC rates)
6) Solid knowledge of M/S Word, Excel and Outlook is required and some understanding of a CRM package (Act, SalesForce, Goldmine for instance) or other Business Contact management system would be a definite advantage.
7) Finally, around half of your week you will be working alone in the small UK HQ, therefore you must be happy doing so and naturally be self-managing, self-motivated and so forth.
To apply please
This vacancy is being advertised by Aaron Wallis Recruitment and Training Limited operating as an Employment Agency, registered in England No. 6356563