about 1 year ago
This leading heating & ventilation component supplier based near Hampton Court is seeking a full time multi-skilled Internal Sales person to join their team. They generally sell these components to stockists & OEM customers both in the UK, Europe & beyond.
They are looking for someone with strong MS office skills, a good telephone manner & the ability & willing to learn the technical aspects of their products.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is an office based role with occasional customer & supplier visits that would suit someone with business to business commercial experience and a mechanical aptitude. You should be comfortable talking to customers, end users, technicians and engineers on the phone, as well as interpreting requirements via email & in person. As part of this role, you will be expected to support the business with general marketing activities such as drafting monthly email shots & catalogue information.
To be considered for this position, you must have the following skills:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A good mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in a commercial environment (preferably business to business)
- Be able to demonstrate strong MS office knowledge, especially Excel.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To interpret customer requirements & effectively advise the correct products for customers applications.
- Build a good technical understanding of their products & their applications.
- Help identify changes & additions required to the product range & assist in selection of new products.
- Assist with ongoing sales & marketing activities including email, website & printed material.
- Produce month end sales reports.
- Proactively contact customers to discuss requirements or gather market information.
- Gather, store & maintain technical information for new & existing products.
- Make suitable written quotations & follow up within agreed time frame.
- Gather information on competitor products (technical features, prices, market/customer), update systems & share this information within the company.
- Take warranty calls as backup to Product Support, log & analyse results & liaise with other departments to solve any issues.
- Liaise with purchasing & operations team regarding stock shortages & urgent dispatches.
- Answer incoming customer services lines.
- Build good relationships with customers & suppliers.
- Provide cover for Customer Services & Product Support during holiday & illness.
- Enter & process orders as backup for Customer Services.
- Liaise with accounts for new & existing customers, credit limits & payment terms.
- Use of PC packages to monitor, plan & communicate.
- Co-operate & communicate with others to ensure maximum time efficiency.
- Ensure you work to their ISO 9000 Quality System & comply with their Health, Safety & Environmental System.
- Contribute ideas & suggestions to the future expansion of the company.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
17 days ago
only 4 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close