11 months ago
This leading heating & ventilation component supplier based near Hampton Court is seeking a full time multi-skilled Internal Sales person to join their team. They generally sell these components to stockists & OEM customers both in the UK, Europe & beyond.
They are looking for someone with strong MS office skills, a good telephone manner & the ability & willing to learn the technical aspects of their products.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is an office based role with occasional customer & supplier visits that would suit someone with business to business commercial experience and a mechanical aptitude. You should be comfortable talking to customers, end users, technicians and engineers on the phone, as well as interpreting requirements via email & in person. As part of this role, you will be expected to support the business with general marketing activities such as drafting monthly email shots & catalogue information.
To be considered for this position, you must have the following skills:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A good mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in a commercial environment (preferably business to business)
- Be able to demonstrate strong MS office knowledge, especially Excel.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To interpret customer requirements & effectively advise the correct products for customers applications.
- Build a good technical understanding of their products & their applications.
- Help identify changes & additions required to the product range & assist in selection of new products.
- Assist with ongoing sales & marketing activities including email, website & printed material.
- Produce month end sales reports.
- Proactively contact customers to discuss requirements or gather market information.
- Gather, store & maintain technical information for new & existing products.
- Make suitable written quotations & follow up within agreed time frame.
- Gather information on competitor products (technical features, prices, market/customer), update systems & share this information within the company.
- Take warranty calls as backup to Product Support, log & analyse results & liaise with other departments to solve any issues.
- Liaise with purchasing & operations team regarding stock shortages & urgent dispatches.
- Answer incoming customer services lines.
- Build good relationships with customers & suppliers.
- Provide cover for Customer Services & Product Support during holiday & illness.
- Enter & process orders as backup for Customer Services.
- Liaise with accounts for new & existing customers, credit limits & payment terms.
- Use of PC packages to monitor, plan & communicate.
- Co-operate & communicate with others to ensure maximum time efficiency.
- Ensure you work to their ISO 9000 Quality System & comply with their Health, Safety & Environmental System.
- Contribute ideas & suggestions to the future expansion of the company.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.