Internal Sales Executive
Our client is a relatively large, independent steel stockholding business. The company offers stock lengths and semi-processed material to a wide range of customers spread throughout the West Midlands and neighbouring regions. With their own fleet and partnerships with reputable contract haulage teams, they ensure quality steel is delivered directly to their customers, within 24 hours of ordering, at cost-effective prices.
The company is part of a large, financially strong group of steel businesses that provide ready access to additional dockside stocks, steel re-rolling and of steel processing capabilities - including the most advanced and extensive range of drilling services available within the UK steel stockholding market.
Position: Internal Sales Executive
Location: Wolverhampton, Staffordshire
Job type: Full-time, permanent (some flexibility regarding start and finishing times)
Salary: £18k to £23k, plus annual bonus dependent on experience
Benefits: Negotiable, tailored to suit the successful candidate
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 15th Dec 2016
The Internal Sales Executive is a business essential role. You will be part of a proactive team which receives and accurately computerises customer enquiries. The role is responsible for the preparation and timely despatching of quotations, whilst achieving volume tonnage and margin targets as set by the management.
- Checking customer credit worthiness and updating management of any issues
- Ensuring availability of steel and advising relevant colleagues of any low stock levels
- Accurately inputting orders into the business’s Stockmaster system in-line with the company’s policies
- Carrying out promotional sales activity by telephone to assigned and potential new customers
- Reporting customer and competitor activity to colleagues and management
- Co-ordinating with other relevant colleagues to ensure customer orders are delivered in full, on time and in accordance with any special requirements
- Ensuring designated customer delivery plans and relevant health & safety information is recorded and up to date
- Investigating / resolving customer complaints and taking the relevant actions to maintain customer satisfaction
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in a sales / team environment
- Strong numerical and communication skills
- Professional enthusiastic personality with a will to succeed is essential
- Experience in using Microsoft packages
- Full driving licence
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A level / BTEC National Standard (desirable)
- Experience of working within a steel stockholding or steel-related business (strongly desirable)
You may have experience of the following: Internal Sales Executive, Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Technical Sales Executive, Internal Account Manager, Steel Sales, Steel Stockholding, New Business Development, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.