about 1 month ago
Holiday Park Catering Manager – Cornwall
£25,000-£27,000 Per annum
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Catering Manager for a new and exciting opportunity for one of our award-winning family owned holiday parks based in Cornwall.
Main Purpose of The Role:
* To provide a high standard of food, presentation and service within the Catering department, to agreed operating standards.
* To comply with all Company policies and procedures, for example, delegation of authority, licensing laws, health & safety policy, food safety, etc.
* To monitor the requisition of stocks as required from the Company’s designated suppliers and in line with the Company’s standards and portion control specifications, keeping minimum holding levels.
* Liaise with the General Manager on stock holding
* To ensure that the standards of cooking, presentation and service are implemented to standard operating manuals.
* To ensure that catering procedures are implemented to the standard operating manual to include stores, washing area, refrigeration, freezers, food production areas, delivery bays and bin areas
* To direct and maintain hygiene standards to meet Company Food Safety/cook chill requirements, including the administration
* To liaise with the relevant approved suppliers for all requirements of disposable, small kitchen equipment and detergents etc. through correct delegation of authority.
* To have strict control and security of stocks, implement Company stock take as and when required, ensure locks are secure, with strict key control
* To make proposals to General Manager / Operations Director regarding menu planning
* To set, monitor and maintain appropriate opening and closing procedures, including cleaning rotas
* To ensure all Team members are trained to necessary and appropriate standards for their role.
* Form a department where every employee greets everyone they see.
* Positively manage change and create a department of non-stop improvement.
* Deliver hearts customer service and standards at all times, when out on Park or speaking to colleagues.
* To contribute actively in teams by building good working relationships with colleagues and other departments
* Liaise with Line Manager to ensure department objectives, the wider Park objectives and priorities are met.
* To organise own time using day-to-day planning schedules and structure given by Line Manager and seek guidance when unsure
* To accept the importance of maintaining and improving standards in the business.
* To enlist the appropriate expertise to deal with technical problems.
* To contribute actively in teams by building good working relationships with colleagues and other departments.
* To prepare, plan and manage a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control
* To coach individuals to fulfil their potential, develop their capabilities and enhance their contribution to the team, department and the Company
* Have a flexible attitude to work
* Be enthusiastic about maintaining and improving the standards within the department you are working
* Ensure personal appearance is of the highest standard of tidiness and hygiene, uniform is clean and well presented
* Communicate with fellow team members professionally
* Attend any relevant training courses as recommended by the Park and the Company.
If you have the experience to be a part of the team as a Catering Manager within the holiday park sector and would like to or to find out more information, please contact us now.