Provide inspirational leadership across the department, supporting the students as well as the growth of the department with external relationships. The primary duties will see the successful candidate take responsibilities of; Curriculum & delivery, students, staff and business development.
Our client is one of the top Further Education colleges in the country and has recently merged with another successful local college to offer more opportunities to their students. They are playing a key part in defining the development of the region, having invested millions over the last 3 years. They have developed even further with over 4,000 apprentices in work at the moment, working with over 1,500 employers.
- Support and encourage innovation in curriculum design and delivery to ensure that students are inspired, engaged and prepared for the world of work.
- Support the management of inspiring teaching, learning and assessment opportunities across the curriculum area which deliver year on year improvements in student retention, attendance, success, value added, progression, work experience and outcome other measures.
- Be a proactive line manager, a role model for staff and a spokesperson for the College.
- Assist with the interviewing and appointment of staff in the area and ensure all new staff have a timely and full corporate and departmental induction.
- Participate in a range of marketing activities, including representing the College at external events, attending open days/evenings and checking the full time and part time prospectus and course information sheets relevant to the Department.
- Achieve annual budget targets, apply resources appropriately and achieve value for money.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues as required on College initiatives.
- Support the Head of Department to regularly review, with the relevant Director(s), in year targets and performance data for departmental KPIs.
- Support improvements in teaching and learning through teaching observations, training and updating, sampling schemes of work, lesson plans, course files, learning materials and assessed student work.
The successful candidate will have worked in an education environment and will be strategic with experience of budgeting & reviewing business. They will have an understanding of the education system and be fully operational with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
*Please note the successful candidate does NOT have to have previous teaching qualifications*
This position is initially a 3-6 month placement with the chance of becoming permanent for the successful candidate