7 months ago
Head of Bids
Location: Battersea, London
Salary: £45,000 -£50,000-depending on experience plus bonus & benefits
Our client is a premium specialist cleaning contractor serving the commercial, corporate, and public sectors within the M25
Reporting into the Sales & Marketing Director, the Head of Bids will plan, lead and manage the process of responding to tender opportunities, ensuring that professional responses are submitted to pre-qualification questionnaires and invitations to tender. This is a process driven internal facing role, with limited client interface, based in Battersea.
*Lead the tender team and process, ensuring proper timely input from business development managers and members of other departments to prepare professional and properly considered bids with a clear sense of direction in line with the Client/Prospects' objectives.
*Play a hands on role in the process including assessment of tenders, client requirements, scoping the response, risk assessment, financial models, reviewing information provided etc.
*Ensure written submissions are complete, of the required quality and that the financial offer is appropriate
*Manage all tender processes, ensure compliance with CRM recording, and report on progress against sales plan.
Required competencies and qualifications:
* 5 years + successful and demonstrable bid management experience, and 2-3 years in a senior leadership role within a Facilities Management/ soft services led business
* Experience of producing compelling and creative client responses
* Strong commercial awareness
* Hands on bid writing expertise
* Project management ability to deliver to a defined timeframe
* Process, data and detail driven
* Self-motivated, able to work at a fast pace managing conflicting priorities
* Numerate, analytically articulate, and organised
* Writing and report structuring as well as drafting skills
* Confident to voice an opinion, ability to challenge peers and senior colleagues
If you feel you are the Head of Bids we are looking for, please email your CV in Word format, AND PLEASE STATE YOUR CURRENT SALARY quoting reference 166924/15/LT.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications expected, we cannot accept telephone enquiries, so please include any queries in your cover email. Many thanks.