about 1 month ago
Group Sales Executive
Salary competitive + performance related bonus
The Group Sales Executive is a key role within the Northampton Saints Commercial team. The primary focus is to generate incremental revenue by identifying and capturing group ticket opportunities and to build an extensive database of potential buyers for the future.
• To identify and convert group ticket sale opportunities to both existing and new buyers
• To reach sales targets by effectively managing the group booking operation
• To develop relationships with potential buyers to build a clear understanding of their ticket requirements
• To build and maintain an extensive database of contacts for potential buyers, including but not limited to sponsors, local rugby clubs, schools and businesses
• To proactively set meetings with existing and new clients to increase face to face group ticket sales
• To proactively seek new opportunities and networking events within Northamptonshire and the surrounding areas to increase the sales of group tickets
• To prepare sales reports as required
• To support the creation and execution of marketing material required to develop and increase group ticket sales
• To build strong relationships with the hospitality function to deliver upsell opportunities
• To manage and appropriately record cash and credit/debit card payments, as required
• To offer high levels of customer services by dealing with group sales enquiries effectively and within set timescales
• To continually create and implement unique sales strategies to produce new business prospects
• To build knowledge and understanding of the stub hub ticketing system to support group sales opportunities
• To support match day tournaments, organised by the community department, in order to positively affect group ticket sales
• To liaise with local rugby clubs to increase match day tournament participation and in turn increase group ticket sales
• To participate in all aspects of training and development activities as directed to improve sales capabilities and wider leadership skills
• To participate in weekly departmental meetings
• To provide support on match days as and when required
• To undertake any other duties required with this post as determined by the Commercial Director or Executive Team
• Strong track record in sales
• Ability to work autonomously and be held accountable
• Results driven; thrives on challenge
• Understanding of rugby and its environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and first class customer engagement skills
• Positive and resilient, able to balance multiple priorities and remain focused and clear
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
• Understanding of ticketing would be advantageous
• The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of Northampton Saints and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
• Northampton Saints is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
• All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
• Please submit your current CV and contact details online.
• Closing date: 7th March 2018