4 months ago
Newcastle upon Tyne
One of our Central Support Offices is based in Gosforth and is a bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 72 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objectives. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Group Financial Accountant
Our Central Support Office in Newcastle upon Tyne has an exciting opportunity for a highly organised, ACA/ACCA qualified accountant to work within a fast paced Finance Team. If you posses excellent attention to detail, and are confident communicating with people at all levels, then this could be a fantastic career move for you.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuing all statutory, regulatory and internal reporting requirements are met, and that high quality, accurate information is provided to the Board and Investors.
* This role will provide a great opportunity to work in a thriving business.
* There will be multiple opportunities for advancement within the organisation. Both the Finance Director, and Head of Group Finance advanced from within the Company.
* Opportunities to access internal and external training to advance your skills where appropriate.
* Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
* Preparing the monthly financial accounts pack including control of month end group finance team routine.
* Management of the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations routine, and production of monthly Balance Sheet review documents, including key highlights for escalation
* Accounting for and reporting on Balance Sheet areas including investments, goodwill, inter-company balances, finance costs, and equity.
* Preparation of monthly reconciliations for those Balance Sheet areas not picked up by other teams in the Finance Department as above.
* Assisting with the preparation of monthly Board reports particularly on working capital management and balance sheet analysis.
* Preparation of annual statutory accounts under IFRS for group and all subsidiary companies (currently 64 companies).
* Responsibility for preparation for external audit, provision of information to auditors and key liaison point with external audit team.
* Key involvement in profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
* Assistance with project work implementing new accounting standards.
* Involvement in other Group Finance projects including acquisitions and integration projects.
* Provision of information for calculating quarterly Corporation Tax instalment payments.
* Provision of information to external advisers for calculation of corporation tax provisions and computations.
* Controlling the balloon leasing scheme and performing calculations on a quarterly basis.
* Working on projects with the objective of saving tax or improving legal, regulatory and accounting compliance.
* Preparing interest payments and acting as first point of contact for lenders.
* Monitoring compliance with banking terms and covenants.
Key skills required
* Highly IT literate with advanced excel modelling skills.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Report writing skills.
* Flexibility and ability to react to changing deadlines.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Qualified accountant, ACCA/ACA.
* Knowledge of IFRS.
* Overview knowledge of UK tax legislation.
* Gosforth Business Park