Our client is one of the world’s most iconic brands and they are seeking an experienced General Sales Manager for their prestigious Guildford car dealership.
The Role of General Sales Manager
Reporting to the Centre Principal you will lead and motivate the Sales Team to achieve all departmental profit objectives, whilst ensuring the sales team deliver a customer experience that is worthy of the brand.
Core Specific Responsibilities:
• Lead the sales department meetings on a daily basis ensuring all relevant prospecting and day to day planning is discussed
• Dealing with information requests as they arise
• Ensure all Sales related paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Actively promote Brand values of Trusted, Passionate, and Progressive acting as a role model for the Centre.
• Proactively develop one Sales Team in the Centre, motivating the team to sell both new and used cars.
• Support the Sales Manager in the implementation of Porsche initiatives.
• Take an active part in the overall Centre Management, making sure that there is interdepartmental communication and consistency, leveraging customer relationships to promote both Sales and Service business.
• Manage and understand all financial transactions, including overheads, payment procedures, client specific requirements, debtors and costs in line with budgets set, highlighting areas of concern to the Centre Principal.
• Working with the Centre Accountant and Centre Principal ensure forecasting is accurate and on time.
• Plan and manage the new car allocation, developing sales plans
• Ensure the Centre’s new vehicle lead time is in line with PCGB and exceeds national position.
• Ensure all new car files meet the specified requirements in line with Operating Guidelines
• Ensure that part exchange valuations are accurate and they are used to the overall advantage to the Centre, whether that is taking profit or assisting in the sale of a new vehicle.
• Control and sign off each and every new and used deal
• Ensure all customer problems and issues are handled promptly and appropriately
• Proactive approach in ensuring new and used vehicles are displayed to their best advantage
• Ensure showroom and office housekeeping standards are maintained in line with Centre Standards and Facilities Audit
• Understand current key competitors, investigate opportunities’, initiatives and implement improvements within the department as appropriate.
• Make effective use of marketing activities to understand and target local area marketing, identifying development opportunities and recommending improvements
• Keep updated with the FCA Compliance Assessment, working within the PRG policies and procedures.
• Target Sales Executives on a monthly basis, based on model mix split and unit target for New Cars and profit and unit target for Used Cars, reviewing their performance against targets on a monthly basis
• Ensure regular team training and coaching sessions to enhance team skill base and levels of motivation.
• Ensure the staff induction and appraisal process is applied to all relevant staff, ensuring appropriate training and development takes place
• Ensure poor performance and conduct issues relating to staff are resolved in line with Human Resources guidelines
• Achievement of Key Performance Indicators as issued by Centre Principal
For the role of General Sales Manager there is a basic salary on offer of £50,000 per annum with an ote of up to £100,000 along with benefits including:
• Company Car
• 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
• Private Medical
• Option of a VW Vehicle at preferential rates
• Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Staff preferential rates
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Vehicle, car, motor, showroom dealership, sales, manager,