General Sales Manager
Vauxhall St. Helens
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
We are looking for a committed and motivated individual to embrace the challenge of leading a successful Car Sales department for new and used cars. You will be responsible for managing all vehicle sales processes within St Helens Vauxhall whilst achieving and exceeding sales targets and profit objectives. You will motivate and develop the sales team to ensure that each customer receives excellent customer service.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Maintaining standards of performance of the sales team through effective coaching and performance management
· Managing the supply of used vehicles and the range of new products, based on sales trends, local market intelligence and production constraints
· Adherence to customer satisfaction indicators to maintain a consistently high level of customer service
· Implement and develop customer follow up systems and procedures to increase customer loyalty
· Maximise commercial opportunities through developing and implementing effective and consistent events and campaigns
· Monitoring and evaluate customer needs and competitor activity in the local market, ensuring that campaigns are relevant and targeted
· Liaising with other departments to maintain the accuracy of the customer database
· Regularly communicate and interact with members of other departments to develop the business
You will have strong experience gained from a similar management role within a franchised dealership. The ability to effectively build relationships with people and draw the best performance from your colleagues is essential. You will be commercially aware of all relevant consumer and local market influences and utilise this to ensure business success. You will be customer focussed and promote this attitude throughout your area of responsibility. Confidently able to interpret data and analyse this in order to make commercial business decisions to encourage growth.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.