Field Sales Executive
Basic Salary: £17,000. Realistic £50k OTE
Commission/Bonus scheme uncapped.
Current Top Performers: £75k+ earnings.
To promote and sell funeral plan sales via B2C home presentations through Head Office-booked daytime appointments in line with company targets and procedures.
To abide by the Avalon Code of Practice & Code of Conduct.
Key Result Areas
- Successful completion of ISTC course & attendance of refresher courses.
- Achieve monthly sales targets.
- Achieve company standard conversion ratios.
- Maintain cancellation levels within budget.
- Adhere to company procedures and protocol at all times.
1. The Sales Presentation
- Demonstrate a consultative and professional approach.
- Full understanding of the Avalon presentation sales process.
- Display competence and confidence in presenting Avalon sales presenter.
- Professionally showcase the different funeral plan options available within the Company portfolio.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Competent skill set in objection handling and closing techniques.
- Highly skilled in referral gathering.
- Numerical and literacy competence.
- Basic Computer skills.
2. Self-Generation Activity
- Self-Generate weekly appointments through the use of referral gathering, networking.
- Adhere to company procedures when working and prospecting within sheltered accommodation, park homes.
- Expectation of minimum 10% monthly sales generated through self-generation.
3. Training and Development
- Pre-Start Date: Required to attend at least 1 in-field presentation.
- Attend Initial Sales Training Course at Head Office (4 days).
- Ongoing: Line manager field accompaniment training & support (at least 1 day per week in first 8 weeks – at least 1 day per month thereafter).
- Attend monthly team meeting/training day on first Monday of each month.
- Attend any relevant training courses as arranged by the company.
4. Daily Reporting
- Accurately complete paperwork/sales documentation in accordance with Company procedures.
- Daily communication by phone with Line Manager.
- Adhere to Company banking guidelines (cheques deposited within 24 hours).
- Email and scan accurately completed plans by 9am following day and ensure original is handed to line manager within 30 days.
- In accordance with company procedures, update live online diary management system through smart-phone or tablet device in regards appointment outcomes, feedback, rebooked appts, self-generated appts, personal appts/holidays.
6. Performance Management
- Meet minimum expectation level of 10 net sales per month through high conversion of presentations to completed plan sales.
- Achieve required self-generation activity & prospecting objectives through referrals and networking.
- Weekly 1-1 meetings with line manager (in person or over the phone) to set objectives, aims and identify potential training gaps, and review performance.
7. Knowledge & Competencies
Be able to:
- Gather referrals and book new self-gen appointments.
- Achieve a minimum sit rate of 60%.
- Achieve a minimum Appt:Sale ratio of 45%.
- Present the Avalon concept and close business on the day.
- Convert minimum 1:2 customers.
- Become an expert on the Avalon Sales Methodology.
- Ensure optimal self-gen prospecting activity levels to achieve targets.
- Full understanding of the Avalon online diary management system.
- Understand how CSC remuneration scheme works.
- Establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with prospects, team members, line manager and internal head office staff.
- As an ambassador of the Company, present a professional and positive image at all times.
Personal Smart Phone.
Good IT skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office; use of personal laptop/Home PC.
Two professional References.