3 months ago
Field Sales and Service Engineer - Uddingston
This role plays a key part in supporting the Insites with their repairs and service requirements by working alongside internal and external teams. You will be responsible for planned maintenance and ad hoc request ensuring the best customer experience is delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
The role requires someone who has a good working knowledge and understanding of Industrial Gearboxes and Motor technology. In order to be successful in this role you must be a team player and share knowledge with other team members, you will be able to prioritise your workload whilst remaining flexible to the business needs. Ideally previous experience of working in similar environment with similar role responsibilities will be beneficial. Health and safety is key to this role and therefore this role requires someone who understand the importance of this.
* To work with the external sales team and local management on the opportunities within the customer base.
* Fault finding and Investigation
* On site repair where practical
* Performing planned and predictive maintenance. Using various basic diagnostic tools.
* Assessing need of spare parts
* Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
* Ensure that resources are used to optimum effect.
* Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
* Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
* Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
* Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
* Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
* Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
* Conforming to health and safety procedures and policies at all times
* Engineering Centres
* Regional Operations & Sales Team
* National Key Accounts Team
* Key skills & experiences required for this roleEssential:
* ONC/HNC or equivalent, preferred but not essential
* Computer literate.• Multi skilled in basic Electrical Practices
* Knowledge of Process Pumps
* Knowledge of Couplings and their Application
* Knowledge of Belt and Chain Drives and their Application
* General level education GCSE/O level or equivalent
* Knowledge of Industrial Gearboxes and Motors
* Hold a UK driving licence.
* Time served apprenticeship or equivalent in a Rotational discipline.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please send your CV via the link below.