Job Title: Events Business Development Executive
Salary: £23-27K depending on experience, plus commission
Position: Permanent, full-time position Monday - Friday 8:30 - 17:00
Hours: 37.5 per week
The company provides a full range of specialist consulting services to the food and drink industries worldwide. Based in Bath, the company has over 1,000 clients across more than 50 countries.
The company is looking for Events Business Development Executive to work in the Events team, focusing on the generation of sponsorship and delegate sales across a portfolio of UK and international food and drink industry conferences. The position will also involve generating sales and sponsorship across two beverage awards schemes.
- Development and implementation of sales strategy for sponsorship packages across all events. This will involve developing relationships with existing sponsors as well as identifying new sponsorship opportunities.
- Close liaison with the Events Manager to create relevant packages across all events.
- Generation and co-ordination of sponsorship contracts. Follow through on all associated event activity including onsite management as necessary.
- Development and implementation of sales strategy for delegate bookings across all events. This will involve a focus on past delegates to ensure repeat business as well as identifying new delegate groups. Communication will involve dedicated email campaigns as well as contact via email, social media and direct calls.
- Development of annual plan for sponsorship and delegate sales. Regular updates on targets, leads and successful contracts.
- Monitoring of competitor activity to identify new leads and ensure the company's events remain competitive.
- Attendance at relevant events, both in UK and internationally, managing on site sponsorship activities, networking with other potential sponsors and overseeing the running of the Events App during all conference sessions.
- Maintenance and enhancement of up to date contact lists and details for sponsorship and delegate sales.
- Up to 1 day per week support of broader sales activities, brand marketing and media communications.
- Proven experience in sales and marketing, ideally in a food and drink industry and/ or events environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Enthusiastic, proactive approach
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Strong commercial skills to identify and deliver on new sales opportunities
- Strong social media skills
- Excellent relationship building experience
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days including bank holidays (increasing 1 day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised health club membership
- Private healthcare
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Death in service
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Sales Account Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Assistant, Business Development Manager, Field Sales, Key Sales Executive, Field Sales Executive, Business Development, Telesales, Telesales Executive, Sales, Sales Manager, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Marketing Assistant, Print Marketing, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Marketing Graduate, Marketing Administrator, B2C Marketing Officer, Social Media Executive, Marketing Analyst, Marketing, Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing Executive, Social Media Officer, Marketing Graduate, Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Lead will also be considered for this role.