Divisional Sales Manager, Cables and Connectors, £60,000 Basic, £75,000 OTE + car allowance, pension and additional benefits. This is a commercial people management role with the total strategic responsibility for the electrical products division of a global manufacturer. UK wide role based from MK head office.
The role is ideal for a dynamic and driven sales focused leader looking for a career move. To apply, you will be a strong character with superb coaching and mentoring skills, and will probably be MBA qualified, with the commercial nous to develop and execute your strategy.
Managing a team of six, and with the investment from the US parent to grow, this is a long-term career role with tremendous potential. The brands are market-leading in many territories, including North America, but not as well known in the UK and other European regions. Your division is electrical products which include cable accessories and connectors sold through the trade and direct to high volume end-user OEMs.
Your goal is simple - sustained, significant year-on-year growth to increase market share in the UK. Based on your background, the role could also take on the responsibility for other European Account Managers and territories.
Previous industry experience is not specifically necessary, but your background will probably be from within the electrical products sector, or other aligned industries such as electronic components or construction products.
* You must be a proven people-manager with a history of exceeding targets and getting the best out of sales teams.
* You will have full P&L responsibility for the division and are expected to devise and carry out your strategy. As a consequence, your experience will probably be shored up by an MBA, or equivalent.
* You must have an excellent understanding of modern management and marketing principles.
* Exposure to other functions, such as manufacturing operations or supply chain, together with the prerequisite sales experience, would be perfect.
* The role requires a passionate and commercially creative individual that can identify opportunities and has the commercial 'nous' to develop 'win-win' partnerships with wholesalers and major end users.
* The role also requires an unusual balance of drive together with organisational and general project management skills.
* Suffice to say, you must have a strong personality, superb communication skills, strong sales and negotiations skills and a proven record of success both inside and outside of work.
This vacancy is being advertised by Aaron Wallis Recruitment and Training Limited operating as an Employment Agency, registered in England No. 6356563